twenty six

chapter 26 ~ Jealousy and Jacks

Harry was watching her. His steely gaze unwavering as he studied her from across the hall. She was speaking to a boy.

He's agitated as he watches the weedy boy make her laugh. Uma even has to tell him to calm down and stop acting like a guard dog before he breaks the table clenched in his white knuckled fist.

He doesn't know who the boy is but he's certain he wasn't from the isle. No, his clothes are too pristine, shoes too shiny and he has this pretentious air about him that makes Harry want to throw something...preferably a chair...to the boys face.

She's giggling at the boy which does nothing to soothe the clench of his jaw. Her hair tied in a ribbon like the one in his pocket that he reaches for to run his fingers along the soft scrap of satin in an effort to soothe his rising anger.

Her watercolour eyes are bright as she speaks enthusiastically with the pompous fucker. Gods she was so ethereal he found himself not caring one bit about his sword. She could keep it for all he cared, he just wanted her to at least fucking look at him.

She'd been stubborn all week. Hadn't even glanced his way since their little confrontation in the hall. He'd noticed she'd been speaking to the red haired girl more, she'd added stitching's of flowers onto her socks and she had been training with Carlos every Wednesday evening. she had won almost every sword fight of course. She also disappeared for an hour or so in the evening often. He'd been itching to find out where she was going, who she might have been seeing so much so that he'd finally had to ask Uma who had explained that she liked to go to the ballet studio.

He'd noticed all of these things because he'd been watching shamelessly since she's left him in that corridor. In fact all he could think about was her. like she'd bewitched him in a way that not even Dr facilier could begin to understand.

She wouldn't even look at him but yet she was stood right there fucking giggling at a boy who looked like he hadn't done a days work in his life. And then she was walking away, duffle bag under her arm and ballet pointe shoes dangling from her fingers. It was only when she left Harry felt himself breathe fully, like he was resurfacing from a freezing lake he regained consciousness of where he was. Glancing to his left he met Umas accusatory stare.

"oh Fuck off Uma"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

A rainy sunday evening brings Philomena Pan to auradons very own dance studio. Her bare feet pad across the sprung floor, a special floor designed to minimize stress of the bones and joints.

She can't help but grin at being back. she's greeted by the elegant and all too familiar aroma of rosin and a room which has become her sanctuary since starting at auradon prep, no matter how busy life got