eight

chapter eight ~ unwanted attention

Harry Hook was having a good day.

He had a king to tease and his thoughts were full of the pretty girl from the night before.

He was walking to the ship him and his crew shared though he had inherited for his 16th birthday from his father.

He had decided to make it a place for him and his crew to stay, for what is a boat without its pirates?

The surprisingly clean wooden deck creaked beneath his leather boots as he approached the tired looking king.

Lifting his hook to beneath bens chin he moved his face close to Bens.

"coochy-coochy-coo" Harry laughed.

"How's it feel to be king now eh? He looked at Ben a few moments as he leant up against a wooden pole that Ben was tied to. He assumed Ben wasn't going to answer so he laughed and circled the pole like a predator would it's prey before appearing next to Ben again.

He opened his mouth to try to rile the king up more. He wanted a reaction. He wanted at least something but Ben remained stoic.

"Harry give it a rest" Uma grabbed his arm and moved him away from the king "we don't want damaged goods"

Harry walked away in annoyance and grabbed onto the ropes of the ship and used it to pull himself to stand in the edge of the boat whilst he used his hands to hang from the rafters. He pointed his hook covered hand at Ben as he looked at uma.

"You said that i could hook him" he gritted out. He never got to have any fun.

"i said at noon" Uma told him which made him feel a little more excited for the day ahead. He jumped down to the deck again and stalked over to Ben.

He retrieved his pocket watch from his coat, another gift from his father, and held it up in front of Ben.

"20 more minutes"

"that says eleven thirty" Ben said. He seemed to have gained confidence now as he was answering back and Harry didn't like that one bit.

"you better hope your girlfriend comes through" Uma spoke trying to scare him a little more. Harry hummed in agreement and went to stand next to uma.

"but she's not my girlfriend anymore" Ben told the pair of pirates with a distant look in his eye.

Harry laughed. Not even a king can hold down a girlfriend for long. Harry didn't believe in love, he's never gotten to see a true example of it so why should he believe in something that didn't exist? Ben was just adding to his case by the minute. It put him at ease to know that not even the king of Auradon had a relationship that was all sun and rainbows.

Sure Harry had friends and family but he didn't know what it felt like to love. He didn't even know what it felt like to be loved but he supposed that it was his own fault for being vastly unapproachable and mildly insane. He chuckled drily.