eleven

chapter eleven ~ sea witch

Cotillion was in full swing. Students of Auradon prep danced and laughed with their friends or partners and the boat felt truly alive. Philomena having snuck in to avoid the press and the possibility of being in tv was stood to the sidelines. She was alone as her friends were dancing with their partners or in Jays case multiple girls but she didn't mind. She didn't like dancing anyway and she had been asked by multiple people if she wanted company but she politely declined.

Was she regretting going? Partially but she couldn't change that now.

Suddenly the loud music stopped and trumpets played to announce the arrival of Mal.

The purple haired girl walked into view wearing the intricate blue and yellow dress that Evie had made for her. Phina observed that blue and yellow weren't really Mals colours but the girl looked beautiful nonetheless.

Mal looked incredibly nervous whilst as she walked down the steps to be greeted and offered a hand by Bens father at the bottom. He helped her down the remaining steps and said something that Phina couldn't quite hear but judging by Mals smile She guessed that it was only good things he was saying.

Evie then approached her best friend and led her to her other friends whispering reassuring words as they walked. Phina watched Mal smile and laugh with her friend whilst they waited for Ben to arrive. She was glad to see that Mal was truly happy for the first time in a while but she had this overwhelmingly feeling that something bad was about to happen.

The trumpets played again and Ben stepped into the view of the onlooking audience. He walked down the steps to stand in front of Mal and he bowed to which she returned the gesture. Once the two stood up straight again Phina could just about make out Bens next words which made the smile on Mals face falter in worry.

"Mal, i wish i had time to explain"

Philomena furrowed her brows but immediately gasped at what she saw next.

Uma, the very same uma they had fought just the day before stood at the top of the stairs. She looked nervous but Phina could tell it was just a facade. Oh she could just about murder Ben right now. Speaking of murder- Philomena looked around to make sure there that a hook handed pirate wasn't around too.

Once she was sure she couldn't see him she returned her gaze to Uma who was now walking down the stairs hand in hand with Ben.

The pair stopped at the bottom of the stairs and Ben lent down to kiss Umas hand which also possessed the gold ring Phina had found on Mals bed not so long ago.

Ben and Uma turned to talk to Mal for a while and Philomena watched in disgust as Uma hugged Mal. Phina couldn't take it anymore and she decided to go over to comfort Mal whilst Uma and Ben began to dance. She was going to beat the shit out of Ben.