𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

The next morning Ivy felt like shit from all the drinking she'd done the night prior and helping her brother seduce a woman at the bar with the karaoke version of 'You've Lost That Lovin Feeling' By The Righteous Brothers

Now, the pilots were all outside in the hanger waiting for their morning briefing as they sat in their chairs with a blackboard and podium in front of them.

"How you feeling?" Theo teased as Ivy had her head resting on her backseater's shoulder, her aviators shielding the sun away from her eyes.

"Don't be a bitch, Theo. You know I'm hungover" She groaned into his shoulder.

Bullet shrugged with a smirk on his face "And I told you to stop drinking" Chaos rolled her eyes in a playful manner before sitting up straighter when Jester took the floor.

"Now, you'll also be trained and evaluated by a few civilian specialists. The civilians are here because they are our very best source of information on enemy aircraft. One of the most qualified is our TAGREP, callsign, Charlie" Jester told them as the clicking of heels made everyone turn their heads to see a pretty, blonde woman walking down the aisle "She has a Ph.D in astrophysics, and she's also a civilian contractor, so you do not salute her. But you better listen to her, because the Pentagon listens to her about your proficiency. It's all yours, Charlie"

Charlie turned around to face the pilots with a smile on her face and that's when Ivy recognised who she was. The woman from last night in the bar and she shared the same shocked expression with her brother, Goose and Theo.

"Fuck sake" Ivy cursed under her breath while looking at her brother with looks that could kill.

"Hello" Charlie greeted "We will be dealing with F-5s and A-4s as our MiG simulators. Now, then, as most of you know, the F-5 doesn't have the thrust-to-weight ratio that the MiG-28 has. And it doesn't bleed energy below three hundred knots, like the MiG-28. However, the MiG-28 does have a problem with its inverted flight tanks. It won't do a negative-G pushover. The latest intelligence. . ."

"Are you gonna tell her?" Bullet whispered to Chaos.

". . .tells us that the most it will do. . ." Charlie continued.

Ivy shook her head "Nothing"

". . .is one negative. . ." That's when Charlie stopped talking and looked at Bullet and Chaos "Excuse me, Lieutenant. Is there something wrong?"

"Actually, yeah ma'am, there is because you see the data on the MiG is incorrect" Chaos said causing everyone's attention to be on her as Iceman took off his aviators and looked at her in amusement.

"How is that, Chaos?"

Ivy smirked looking over at her brother as she too took off her aviators "Well, I just happened to see a MiG-28 do. . ."

"We, we" Bullet, Goose and Maverick said at the same time as Chaos nodded.

"Right, sorry guys. We happened to see a MiG-28 do a four-G negative dive"

"Where did you see this?" Charlie asked in amusement.

Ivy smirked, deciding she may as well have a bit of fun while she's here "That's classified, isn't it Mav?"

"It's what?"

Pete smirked, catching up with what his sister was doing "Yeah she's right, 100% classified and she could tell you, but then she'd have to kill you" Everyone chuckled in enjoyment.

"Chaos, Maverick, I have top-secret clearance. The pentagon sees to it that I know more than you" Charlie said in a serious tone.

"No disrespect ma'am, but it doesn't seem so in this case, now, doesn't it?" She said it as a rhetorical question causing Charlie to sigh in response.

"So, Chaos, where exactly were you?"

"Well we. . ." Ivy started and looked at her brother and two best friends who nodded in appreciation ". . .started up on his six when he pulled through the clouds, and then I moved in above him"

Stifled laughs came from around the room as Charlie stared at her for a moment "Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?"

"I was inverted" Ivy said it like it was obvious.

"Bullshit" Iceman coughed making Ivy turn her head to look at him as she raised her eyebrows.

"My sister's not lying, Iceman" Maverick told him "It was a really great move" Chaos smiled at her brother in thanks for sticking up for her.

"You're telling me you were in a four-G inverted dive with a MiG-28?" Charlie asked, not being able to comprehend this piece of information.

"Why would I lie, ma'am?" Ivy smirked.

"Okay, at what range?"

Ivy looked at Theo beside her "About two meters was it?"

"Well. It was actually about one and a half, I think. Anyway, me and Goose got some great Polaroids of it" Bullet said, a proud smile on his face.

"I know, we did great man" Goose said as him and Bullet did their handshake. Totally forgetting for a minute that they were in the middle of a class.

Charlie then cleared her throat, gaining everyone's attention once again "So Chaos, what were you doing up there?"

"Communicating"

Charlie frowned "Communicating?"

Ivy nodded "Keeping up foreign relations. I was, you know, giving him the bird"

"You know, the finger?" Goose said and stuck up his middle finger causing Bullet, Chaos and Maverick to burst out laughing.

"Yes, I know the finger Goose" Charlie said in slight embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, I hate it when it does that. I'm sorry" Goose said, smacking his finger like it had a mind of its own causing Ivy to laugh even more.

During all this, Iceman had found himself staring at Chaos as he admired her smile and for some reason, he just couldn't look away "All right, gentlemen and lady" Jester butted in as everyone started to settle down "We have a hop to take. The hard deck on this hop will be 10,000 feet. There'll be no engagement below that. Move it!" And with that, everyone stood up from their seats and head over to their planes.

"Chaos" Iceman called out to the girl when she was walking by as she placed her aviators back on her face "Just wondering, who was covering Cougar while you were showboating with this MiG?"

"Cougar was doing just fine Iceman. And even if he wasn't, it's got nothing to do with you so don't worry about it"

Iceman chuckled while shaking his head as he watched her walk away, his eyes travelling from her head down to her butt, not minding the view at all "That girls gonna be the death of me one day" He whispered to himself.