-Five-

mc pov :

the rush of the halls makes me feel ill, my old school wasn't this crowded. my head starts to pound as i make my way to the front of the class towards the teacher, ignoring all the loud students, throwing things around and talking nonsense..

the teacher directs me to a seat next to a brunette girl who's currently sharing stories with someone half way across the room, she shuffles slightly to give me space and i sit down

the pounding in my heart starts to die down as the class becomes silent for the teacher, luckily no one is paying any attention to me..at least there's that.

i get given a textbook and some sheets of paper to make notes on since there's no book available for me at the moment, i quietly duck my head down to focus on my task and suddenly, i hear a whisper of my name behind me. A raspy voice, full of self importance.

oh no..

"oi! mc! yo look behind ya!" he cackles while whispering things to some randos

i twist my head towards behind me only to see that tan boy, leaning his face on his arm, smirking at me while giving me a judgemental side eye.

"what do you want?" i reply in a dull tone, i don't want to get involved with these people

his silver lashes flutter in his eyes as he leans his head towards my desk innocently tilting his head sideways "what's yer name?"

he literally just called me by my name..

"mc"

"ya don't look like yer from around here...yer hair is funny. y'know wigs aren't allowed in school pfft-"

my face glows red in embarrassment and i turn towards my work, they'll leave me alone if i ignore them.

another kid next to the tan one speaks

"he means to say you're ugly, you embarrassed? aw don't be, he's just being honest"

the boys behind me share a chuckle and throw more dumb insults at me until the teacher tells them to quit it.

"mammon, i am going to have to have a word with you outside. right now"

so his name is mammon.. like i care..

i continue my work silently hoping this lesson will end quickly, as much as the insults are stupid, they will definitely use my newness to the school to their advantage..

the lesson drags on and i continue to work in silence, those kids behind me haven't said a thing.. what pussies, can't say much without oh great mammon around.

i giggle to myself and mammon is sent back into the class, looking as unbothered as ever, again taking his seat behind me.

please don't say anything..ple-

"mc?"

huh.. he said that so nicely.. what

i turn my head around, confused. he looks back at me with absolutely no emotion

"im sorry for bein' rude about yer hair"

huh? why the change in attitude? is he bipolar?? he almost sounds genuine. luckily i guessed right when i said 'almost'

mammon suddenly cant keep in his laugh and bursts out in tears, cackling away as i stare unimpressed.

"oh mc! yer face?? oh my god..i gotcha there. pfft the look! i know im good lookin but ya don't gotta be all over me, id much rather not have ya in my corner, thanks"