-Nine-

mc pov :

The rest of the lesson went smoothly, levi and i brainstorming ideas and doodling on paper. Eventually we managed to decide on an idea.

"mc?..i was thinking..we could make a DIY aquarium? With fish hanging inside? We could use resin!"

"that actually sounds like a solid plan! Good going levi!"

With that we collected some supplies, and shoved them all ina giant folder the teacher gave us, an about 10 minutes the bell rang and we were off to our second lessons.

Third person pov :

Mc casually strolled down the crowded corridors alongside levi who was digging through his bag to find his journal, eventually the two parted ways at the end of the maths hall as levi went to his maths class and mc went forward to geography.

Mc had both belphie and beel in that class and took their seat behind beel at the far left of the room.

Beel sweetly smiled as mc took their seat, smiling back and started to finish the task they left off last week.
Belphie whisked his chair to face both beel and mc shyly avoiding eye contact with mc and started discussing his answers with beel.

Are they seriously gonna leave me out?

Mc turned towards belphie. "hey belphie? Do you know the answer to that one? I'm not sure..."

Belphie gulped and faced mc slightly shaking his head and turning back to face beel.

Ive been here for weeks yet I haven't made any progress with belphie.. He just won't talk to me..

Mc decides not to try any further and faces back towards their work.

Does belphie.. Not like me? Did I do something wrong...?

A small tug of hurt pulls at mc, they ignore it and watch the teacher explain further tasks

What if he thinks I've taken beel from him? He is his brother.. I'm just overthinking..

The break bell rings after what seems like hours and mc packs up their stuff and walks out, ignoring beel calling for them from behind.

I'm going to find lucifer.

Mc walks to their locker and unclocks it, pulling out a textbook for their class before lunch and shuts the locker. Mc lifts their head and a certain blond catches their eye.

He walks up to mc and pats their shoulder leaning in close to their ear. A sudden shiver crawls up mc's spine as he looks around to make sure no ones listening.

Something seems wrong..

"s-Satan? What are you doing..?"

"listen mc. Have you heard? Someone said that you've been involved in serious criminal activity.. Someone said you.. That you tortured a student outside of school.. Is that true?"

A look of panic and shock crosses mc's face as sweat builds up behind their neck."who told you t-that..?"

Satan pulls away from mc looking at them concerned and slighlty avoiding mcs eyes. "asmo. He told me about it.. You still haven't answered.. Is it true, mc?"

Has asmo been spreading rumours about me? He wouldn't.. Hes so nice to me..

As if by magic asmo appears in the hall, holding a small fruit pot, his eyes darkening once he meets eyes with mc.
He slowly walks closer sharing a disturbed glance with Satan and then his gaze floating back to mc.

"mc.. Sweetheart.. Are you okay?"

This is weird..

"I-I'm fine asmo-"

"you heard the rumours right? I haven't told anyone but Satan but rumours spread fast.. I doubt you would've done such a thing though..mc please say the rumours are false.."

Mc's breath is suddenly caught in their throat, nothing escaping their lips but a wierd kind of gasp..

What about the entire reputation I have..? Everyone liked me.. Who wouldve spread something so bizzare..

That's when it hit mc.

He wouldn't.. He doesnt like me. Sure.. But he wouldn't go to such levels.. Would he..?

A sudden cold sweat breaks out on mcs forehead as they violently shake their head. "no! Ofcourse I wouldn't do such a thing.. I'd never! I don't even think I'm capable.. Who do you think started thd rumour?"

Asmo and Satan sighed in relief in unison both discomforted expressions fading and worried smiles filling in it's place.

Satan shrugs folds his arms."I'm not sure mc, if I find anything I'll be sure to let you know, thank heavens it's not true.."

With that he walked off, leaving mc and asmo alone. Asmo worriedly places his hands on mcs shoulders looking into their eyes.

"do you have any idea who couldve spread these rumours.. I might have a clue.. I think we're both thinking about the same person.."

Mc immediately knew and their suspicions were confirmed.

"mammon"