-Thirteen-

Mc pov

In the end.. The lesson did go by, and I was left sitting alone at my desk as all the remaining students dispersed out of the classroom, I'm not sure what I was waiting for.. I still had music class to get to and I needed to sort out the issue with asmodeus and lucifer.
But something just kept me from getting up.

A weird, unwelcome sensation pricked at the pit of my stomach as I repeated the whole day through my head.

Too much has happened.. Its a bit overwhelming..
I shook off the feeling and lifted my backpack to my shoulders, and forcefully carried myself out of the room.

Plus I had my aquarium trip with levi to look forward to.

A soft smile etched itself on my lips at the thought.

That's right... I know levi has my back, no matter what..

In no time, I was standing outside the music classroom, lucifer eyeing me from the corner of my vision as he leaned carelessly on the doorframe.

"mc? Are you going to come in, or am I going to have to drag you?"

I immediately spun towards him, gulping down the knot in my stomach and slipped towards the door where lucifer was impatiently waiting.

Lucifer pov

As soon as mc decided to walk into class, not to mention several minutes late, I closed the door behind them, and took a seat near the back of the class next to them.

I can tell today has been unbrearable for mc and the clouds in their irises seem to reflect they want nothing but to go home right now.

I can't blame them, people have their ways of making other people's lives difficult, and mc seems to be a perfect target for predators. As much a may I wish I could help.. I can't do much more than talk to asmodeus about the situation and hope he has some sort of ingenious solution.

The darkness on their face doesn't please me at all.. But.. I think they'll be fine, I believe mc is strong. There's only lunch and one more class after this that they must tolerate before they can finally go home and get some well deserved rest.

Asmo sits casually at the front of the class where his group of obnoxious gossip mates spill the drama of the past few days. If there was a quiz on current school affairs, I don't doubt asmo would know close to everything there is to know about RAD.

I let out an exaggerated sigh and lean as far back in my seat as I can.

How am I supposed to fix this mc problem if asmo is too busy gossiping with his classmates... I can't just go up to him.. That would cause too much if a scene if I just pulled him out of his conversation..

I had no option but to pray I would end up being able to tell asmo about the issue.

I turned my gaze to the right to see mc dully staring at the teacher, clearly not paying attention.. But also clearly trying to.

I felt almost angry at the fact someone would be so petty as to spread falsehoods about mc, considering they haven't done much more than study, as everyone else, and attempted to get used to the environment at RAD. I don't see a reason that anyone would find it necessary to spread rumours and or hate mc as much as they seem to.

I'm not saying this out of fondness either.. I honestly don't see any reason, for someone to have such a strong dislike for a new student.

(time skip to when theyre doing practice for music)

AS soon as we were told to get back into our groups I faces towards mc, their eyes still clouded with thoughts, i know the situation is bothering them.
I admit, it's a bit painful seeing them try to make light put of the situation.

MC pov

I feel lucifers gaze linger on me for a second longer than seems necessary, he's been keeping an extra eye on me for the past few days, I'll say.. It does make me feel a bit more comfortable.

Asmodeus casually walks over to us, a sweet smile across his lips. He leans down and suddenly envelops me in a hug.

"huh-"

His arms tighten around my shoulders and he holds me tightly, I can see lucifers confused expression from behind asmo, clearly as dumbfounded as I am.

"I-is everything okay asmo?"

He gently pulls away and flattens down a few stands on my head, still beaming.

"I should be the one asking, are you doing better than earlier?"

I duck my head just slightly, offering an almost unnoticeable nod, clearly not exactly sure what I'm feeling at the moment.

His gaze softens and he places a gentle hand on my shoulder, looking down aswell.

"it'll be fine, don't you worry mc. Now smile for me? You look much more attractive when you smile"

I let out an unexpected giggle, as much as the compliment sounded a bit backhanded, I suppose that's judt how asmo operates and the corners of my mouth lift up in response.

"thankyou, asmo"

He smiles wider and squeezes my shoulder, reassuringly.

"there we go! Look at that gorgeous face, hm?"

....

"ahem"

Lucifer interrupts from behind, looking more than unimpressed.

"my apologies for interrupting, but you can continue your session elsewhere."

He glared at asmo, who shrugged his shoulders and finally took the seat between the two of us.
Lucifer sighed and leaned forward in his chair.

"asmo. We need to discuss something important."

Asmo lifted an eyebrow and leaned forward aswell, intent on listening to lucifer.

"due to mcs.. Situation.. I wanted to ask a favour of you"

"yes? What is it?" he replied in complete monotone, his voice suddenly serious.

"do you think you could possibly.. Help track down whoever.. You would suspect of spreading rumours?"

Asmo furrowed his eyebrows, quite deep in thought before letting out a pained huff.

"I could.. Try.. I suppose. But stalking down people is sooo much effort and as much as I'd love to get this mysterious monster off of mc's back.. I just think it would be difficult for me"

I could feel my stomach drop.
I had a feeling it would play out like this.. In the end.. Asmos first priority was his school social life.. And image..

I needed to have some input in this conversation or it would seem less important.. I need to say something..

"asmo"

He turned towards me, his eyebrows raised and he leaned closer.

"please.. I know it's hard for you but.. I.. I mean.. I could help you. I could do some of the stuff for you.. And.. You know how much I need this, especially since I'm not used to being here.. You have to help me"

The way asmo's expression saddened showed that maybe it worked, maybe I'd managed to convince him. He shook his head lightly and let out a sigh.

"alright.. But.. You better believe it takes a lot more effort stalking people than you think, I'm going to hold you to your offer, you have to help me"

I grinned, at last I finally made some progress!

"absolutely! You've got yourself a deal."

I could see lucifers shoulders relax at hearing this, a curl at the corner of his mouth giving away he was satisfied with the outcome.

What a relief..