-Eleven-

mammon pov :

shit shit shit.

this cant be happening right now. Why would anyone do this? Who? dammit.

My heart pounds in my chest as whispers cross the classroom, haunting me from every corner of the room. My ears fill with whispers and secret laughs and every so often judgmental looks cross my vision. I gulp, an uneasy feeling simmering beneath my skin, my muscles tightening under every gaze.

i haven't even heard the rumour and yet im already cautious. I've never felt so nervous in my life. Im supposed to be confident, funny, cool, popular..yet im being ignored and continuously avoided by my 'friends'..

what assholes, they're supposed to stand up for me. But they left as soon as they got the bloody chance. No one cares about a reject.

I walk out of my class, no one waiting for me. No fangirls ready to leap at me..its almost peaceful. I let out a sigh and head straight for the council office.

I peak through the door and see...mc? They dont look too happy, and lucifer also seems concerned. He notices me through the corner of his eye and motions with his eyes for me to wait. A few moments later, mc hurries out of the office without noticing me and heads to the courtyard. I shrug and walk into the office and sit down in the same seat mc sat in previously, Lucifer sighs and tilts his head back.

"what is it, mammon?"

I gulp and reply, "i heard someone's spread rumours about me. Im not even sure what they are..or who did it. Everyone's just been ignorin' me! None of my friends or nothin'. All of em, gone." i pause, thinking about the situation im in.

lucifer looks to the side, almost ashamed.

"and i thought that you'd do perfectly fine with all your so called friends. But yes i've heard, i should've told you sooner"

the speed of my heart rate increases in anticipation as i lean over his desk, my eyebrows knitted together. "lucifer, what were the rumours?"

"mammon, do you know a girl named chifumi? people call her fumi"

I think to myself, digging through catalogs of names but fumi doesn't seem to be recogniseable. i know most people at this school so..its unusual i wouldn't know someone at all.

"no..i dont recognise the name at all. Is she another new student?"

"no, shes been here for a while, but not in school for a long time due to family troubles, she has been losing alot of her fund money from her account for some anonymous reason, people think someone's stolen the money. And it seems like a lot of those people suspect its you."

i sit there, jawdropped. My face pales and i stare at lucifer for what seems like is hours, my body starts to shake and i grip the side of the desk.

"n-no. I would never, i might be not the best guy but i've never commited fraud nor do i know anyone named fumi, this is all wrong.. i- lucifer you gotta do something. I have no one right now, they've all left i dont know what to do..you believe me right..?"

lucifer dips his head slightly, typing something on his computer. He turns the screen towards me.

"are you sure that's the full story..? i have been keeping track of your school spending records, you seem to be spending more than usual"

"lucifer..thats just a coincidence, please..ya have to believe me! So what if im spending more money than usual, that don't mean i've been stealin'! lucifer-.."

a sudden realization hits me.

"y-ya..you don't believe me do you...after all i've done for you..?..really? You're like a brother to me and yet- y'know what forget it"

i push up off the chair and look at him one again, hoping he changes his mind.

"mammon, im just saying i need more proof-"

"get your bloody proof, i dont care anymore! And when i thought i had someone to trust you just fucking threw me under the bus like everyone else. I dont wanna hear it, have you ever considered how much this affects me? Do you even care?!.." i pause, my voice cracking.

"hah, i guess i've been living in an illusion, no one actually cares about how i feel..do they, lucifer? No one actually has my back. Im just some no good, troublemaker that doesen't have any human feelings and doesnt do anything right."

i walk out of the room, saying nothing more.

it all hits me at once, i have nowhere to go..no one to go to..my fists clench and i walk into the male toilets, leaning against a plain beige wall.

who would spead rumours like that bout me..? i haven't even done anything..everything's been going downhill since that stupid new student...

....mc....that little bastard..

Who knew mc could be a little bitch, spreading rumours are we?

a nudge to my shoulder knocks me back to reality.

"mammon."

I turn to face the person, darkened eyes quote literally staring into my soul.

"satan?"

"mammon, there's been rumours spread about you. And coincidentally.... Rumours have been spread around mc too.. Do you have any idea what's going on?"

Karma. I just know mc was the one to spread rumours about me. Who else could it be?

"tell me about it. I have no clue"
I turn away from Satan and begin to walk off until he grabs my sleeve and pulls me back.

"wh- what the hell do ya want?!"

"mammon, I am going to find out what's going on. And you are going to help me"

"why would I help you?!"

"you want your friends back, no? Or your entire reputation goes down the drain."

Satan's lips curve into a cold smile, taunting me.

....

...

..

..

".. Fine. I'll help"