Let's Play Catch Up

I might do a weekly update for this book. I have several chapters written already, but I don't want to publish them all at once and then have nothing. I'm not sure if a week is too long or what. My old stories written by 12-15 year old me had chapters published whenever I finished writing. Oh god, that thought made me feel old. Just looked at my profile, and I joined almost 8 years ago. And the last time I updated my profile picture was back in 2018. Anyways back to the story.

I brought Chloe to the table where the rest of the MPS were sitting. Some gave me a strange look which I don't blame them for. The year before Chloe and I hated each other, and now our arms are looped while we chatted.

"We have a new member to our squad," I said once we reached the table.

"Hey," Chloe quietly said with a quick wave.

"Our new friend Chloe has turned over a new leaf while she was away. I mean, she even made me this bracelet." I showed it off with a big grin. "I also think it's best we are the ones to explain the Lila situation."

For the bracelet imagine the one Marinette gave Adrien. It has the same pattern almost. The middle bead would be red with her logo printed on instead of a flower. There would still be those small black and yellow beads to symbolize Chloe. The following bead would be pink due to it being Marinette's favorite color. The two beads on the other side are blue(for her eyes) and green. While Chloe thought it would have just been the right color secretly it represents Adrien since Marinette and him are a superhero duo. While Marinette wears that on her wrist, she keeps the one from Adrien in her bag next to Tikki for extra luck.

"Lila situation?" Chloe asked as the two of us sat down.

"Man that girl is such a pain," Alix said.

"Almost every word is a lie," Nathaniel added on.

"She even went as far as lying about Marinette bullying her," Kim said.

"The rest of the class turned on her over that nonsense," Adrien sadly said.

"They seriously believed a new girl over someone they knew their entire lives!" Nino exclaimed.

I chuckled at the sight of Chloe's wide eyes. "That's just the beginning. You left about the same time Lila arrived which I am super jealous of. Once you left, Sabrina attached herself to Lila. I loved the girl, but at times she can't think for herself. Sabrina needs someone to guide her and tell her what to do."

Chloe rubbed her arm after I said that. "Yeah and I used to take advantage of that. However that does explain why she ghosted me while I was gone. How about the rest?"

"Mylene and Ivan were the next to go. Lila talked about all these charities that she participated in. Some of which didn't even exist. Mylene believed it all and wanted to learn more and be more like Lila. Where Mylene went, Ivan went. It's a little sad," Nino explained.

"Next was Rose and Juleka. It was pretty much like Mylene and Ivan. Where Rose went, Juleka went. They didn't want to leave their significant other. Rose was blinded by Lila's 'big heart'," Nathaniel continued.

"Big heart! The snake doesn't have one to begin with!" Alix exclaimed a bit too loud.

Unfortunately, it got the attention of Lila and her sheep who came marching over.

"Chloe, it's so good to see you back!" Lila said faking her smile.

Chloe just looked at her not saying anything due to still being in shock from what she learned. That caused the waterworks to start.

"Chloe! Lila was trying to be nice and now look what you did!" Alya yelled putting her arm around the 'crying' girl.

Chloe looked over at us with disbelief. How could someone who seemed so nice turn into this?

"Looks like you will never change," Mylene added.

"Are you serious Mylene? Lila isn't actually crying. There aren't any tears. If they do magically appear, then she most likely hurt herself. You're the one who has changed. You used to be so sweet, yet today you showed otherwise," Chloe replied.

Ivan put his arm around Mylene protectively. "Mylene is the sweetest girl I know. Marinette has probably convinced you to say all of this."

I just scoffed at his answer. Can't believe I was once friends with these people.

"Have something you want to add Marinette?" Rose asked.

"No. I'm just enjoying myself. I wasn't aware that it was lunch and a show. I do think that the characters that walked over need more of a personality though. It feels like they all share one brain cell and are unable to think for themselves," I replied before taking a bite of my apple.

"I don't know what I did for you all to hate me," Lila said in between fake sobs.

"Oh girl you did nothing. They're the ones who are bullies. You have a heart of gold," Alya comforted.

"You guys are right about Lila being a pain," Chloe said turning towards us.

Alya raised her hand to slap Chloe but was stopped by Nino. He grabbed Alya's arm before any contact was made.

"I seriously can't believe that I dated you. You used to be nice until that lying fox came. Now leave us alone before things get worse," Nino threatened.

With fear in their eyes, they walked back to their table.

"Soooo that's pretty much what you missed. A close class became divided in less than two months. I never wanted this when I called Lila out on her lies, but she caused it," I told Chloe as we all sat back down.

"It was all hard to believe until now."

~Jason's POV~

I don't usually help the bats, but this was a special occasion. The big Bat and I found out that one of our cases are connected. It's some shady business deal going on involving Penguin. He is known as a smart man, yet made the mistake of doing the deal in my turf.

I don't consider myself a hero like the Bats. I'm more of an antihero. I commit small crimes to prevent the big ones from occurring. If I can't stop all the drug trade in Gotham, why not control it? This way I can prevent the drugs from ending up in kids hands whether it's them doing it or getting it for someone else. I know first hand how drugs can effect a kid.

Bruce doesn't always agree with my methods of taking care of criminals, but once you've looked death in the eye, you change. I wish I could say I was surprised my death wasn't avenged. Bruce doesn't have it in him to do what's necessary. He could easily take a life and stop the crime rate, but he's too high and mighty for that. It's one of the reasons why I don't help them.

Anyways, here I sit in one of my safe houses. I have several and pay in cash in order to avoid leaving any trace of myself. This one is where I do most of my research. It's bigger than the rest but still rundown. Paper and pictures are scattered across the floor in my attempt to do research. I'm at the point to where all I can do is wait.

If you look up who has the best butt in DCU Grayson comes up. I know that's random, but I find it hilarious. Batman better be proud. I know I am.

 I know I am