Secrets Waiting to be Uncovered

Once the door had shut, I heard muffle sounds of yelling. I would not want to be Damian right now. I continued walking to the room I believed Marinette had gone, however, I abruptly stopped due to a small noise behind me. Grabbing the closest thing possible, a wood stove fire poker, I spun around ready to attack.

"I'm sorry Alfred. I heard someone creeping up behind me and out of habit I went into fight mode," I said putting the fire poker back.

"It's quite alright. This isn't the first time that's happened," he joked. "If you are looking for Miss Dupain-Cheng, she went this way."

We started walking to what would turn out to be the library.

"Marinette will fight you if she hears you call her that."

"Would she rather prefer Miss Todd?"

"I can't believe she said that, but that's Marinette for you."

"Is her mother ok? I heard her whisper at the dinner table."

"That's what we are going to find out. They're both fighters, so the two will get through it."

"I assume you two won't need a ride home?"

"Marinette has that covered. Before she left she whispered something about you knowing more than you let on. What does she mean by that?"

While I had a guess, I wanted to confirm before I said too much.

"I believe the conversation would be best if you were both there. Miss Dupain-Cheng is in the library, the second door on your left. I'll cover for you two and will take the car out for sometime."

"She's right. You do know something. I hope to continue this conversation soon," I said before closing the door.

~The same time in Jason's POV~

Words could not describe how angry I was in the moment.

"What the hell was that? You seriously called her a gold digger! That's too far even for you!" I yelled at Damian.

"Can you blame me?" Damian started.

"Yes I can!"

"You imbecile. Let me finish. You have experienced how people act when they learn Wayne is part of your last name. I was straightforward and simply asked a question. You heard her. The question didn't bother her. Plus Dupain-Cheng is hiding something. There is more to her, but you're letting your emotions cloud your judgement."

"Whether she is keeping a secret or not, you had no right to ask such a thing! And may I remind you that you also have a giant secret as well. One of these days you will regret opening your mouth. Not everyone will let that slide like everyone else in this stupid family..."

With that I walked out of the room in hopes of finding Marinette.

~Marinette's POV~

Adrien walked into the library with a smirk on his face.

"I can't believe that you joked about marrying a guy you just met. You are like Anna from Frozen."

"I thought it was funny, but we don't have time for that. We have to save my mom."

"How bad is it?"

"No casualties. Even under his control, I don't think she is able to hurt or kill anyone."

"I hope my father won't change that."

"Remember we don't know for sure it is him."

"Ever since it was brought up, I started putting the pieces together. Who else in Paris is selfish enough to put innocent lives at risk just so they can get want they want? He would do anything to bring my mother back. I don't need his stupid schedule to confirm it."

"Want to go by ourselves because we are having mommy and daddy issues right now?"

"Luca and Kagami are already there. What's the point in not bringing the others? Plus we might get in our own heads. We can't afford to be distracted."

"Right as always Kitty. Now let's go save my mom."

I made another

I made another. Honestly I think I'm becoming addicted to Lego art. Anyways I hope this chapter satisfied your cravings for more even though it was on the shorter side.