The Lazarus Pits

I'm not a hundred percent sure what my reading audience is so there is some more intense swearing than usual. There isn't much, but I thought I should warn those who are younger or are against that type of thing.

Marinette's POV

"Miraculous Ladybug!" I yelled as I threw my lucky charm into the air.

I watched as the ladybugs went throughout Paris fixing the damage. I couldn't help but smile at the scene. Unlike most battles, there was little damage and no deaths. While my mom ended up becoming his victim, Hawkmoth cannot change the kind nature in her heart.

"Ladybug, over here. I have some questions," a reporter said making my smile disappear. I just want to go to my mom and make sure she is ok.

"I'll check on her and get your mom back home. You can call her once we head back to Gotham," Cat Noir whispered as he put his hand on my shoulder giving me reassurance.

"Thanks Kitty. Have everyone meet up in our spot. We need a quick meeting before some of us head back."

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah, we just need to go over what Paris has been like this week. People might notice some of us missing patrol, so a solution has to be made for that."

Cat Noir gave me a small nod before running over to my mom. I put my best fake smile on and braced myself for the questions to come.

"I can only answer a few tonight," I replied turning around to see all the microphones and cameras shoved into my face.

"Ladybug, when are you going to end the reign of Hawkmoth? It has already been over a year, yet citizens are still living in fear." Well damn. I was not expecting that.

"Hawkmoth is a coward who has others do his dirty work. He stays inside of his lair watching from afar."

"Do you know where his lair is?"

What a stupid question. "I can't answer that. The information that me and my team have on this case is confidential. I have to leave, but remember that we will be here to protect you. Bug out!"

At the moment, I just wanted to cry. I'm a teenager with the weight of the world on my shoulders. I didn't ask to be Ladybug or the Guardian of the Miraculous. I was once a normal girl with a normal life. Now, I'm a superhero who lost their childhood friends to someone that they just had meet. Life at my home is strained at times. The false rumors that are spread made their way to my parents. I know they still love me and don't believe them, but I can tell that a part of them is disappointed in me. No one who isn't guilty would have such things done to them or at least that's what my parents think.

I pulled out my Bugphone and called Cat Noir.

"Hey LB. Are you heading this way?"

"I need a moment to myself. I can see you all from where I am sitting. I'll open a portal to the hotel for you guys."

"I can stay with you. I don't want you to be alone when you are feeling this way."

"Thank you Kitty, but right now I do need to be alone. I'll talk to you tomorrow morning about it." I unified Tikki and Kaalki once more and opened a portal right in front of Cat Noir. Before going through, he looked my way with a weak smile on his face. "Don't worry about me. Right now I need you to make up an excuse to the team why I am not there, so they don't panic."

With that I hung up. I didn't mean to worry Cat Noir, but I let others get to me. I don't want anyone on my team to see that. I need to be strong and have a clear head.