It's Dinner Time

"What were you thinking?" Bruce yelled.

"Could we not do this in front of everyone?" I asked gesturing to growing crowd of vigilantes.

"No. Consider this part of the punishment."

"This is too far even for you B."

"What made you think taking your date to the Gardens when it's closed a good idea? You could get them in serious trouble now and have only created more work for me."

"I don't think I heard you correctly Father. Jason had a date?"

"Stay out of it Demon," I snapped at Damian.

"Look at him. He's blushing," Steph teased.

"Who is this girl?" Tim asked.

Obviously I didn't reply. Horrible punishment Bruce. This is insufferable.

"You really don't need to involve her in the mess. Let's pretend Batman didn't tell Bruce Wayne about tonight. It's less work for you."

"I can't let this behavior slide. She ran away from me when I said I was taking her back."

"Because she didn't want to get a lecture from a man in tights."

"I DON'T EVEN WEAR TIGHTS!"

"You can't say that your earlier suits didn't look like you were in tights."

"Your first suit didn't even have pants," Duke pointed out.

"I was a child who was taking over Robin from Dick. Obviously I was gonna dress like him."

"At least his next suit didn't have a deep v," Tim joked.

"Hey! I looked amazing in that suit!" Dick yelled.

"We're off topic. Jason, I'm obviously going to have to talk to your date about what happened tonight."

"Please don't. You see how some people are towards her. Getting in trouble by Bruce Wayne would only make things worse."

"Who are we even talking about?" Cass asked.

"Who in their right mind would go out with Todd?" Damian questioned.

"You can make fun of me all you want, but don't you dare talk about her like that," I growled.

"You know what. I have a small way to punish both of you. On Saturday, there is going to be a family dinner. Everyone is to attend even your date."

Sounds of groans were echoing through the cave.

"That's cruel. Jason sneaking into the garden doesn't deserve that kind of punishment," Steph complained.

"It's too late. I already sent her a message... Oh look, I already got a response. At least you were with a girl who has manners," Bruce directed at me.

I only laughed at that. Sure Marinette is always on her best behavior when it comes to Bruce, but Batman is another story.

Marinette's POV

I had just gotten out of the shower when my phone got a text message. Shit! God I hate that Mr. Wayne and Batman are the same person. Who knows what I'm in for.

"I'd like to invite you to dinner at the manor Saturday evening. I believe proper introduction between the two of us are in order," the text read.

What is he planning? There's no way Mr. Wayne doesn't have something up his sleeve after tonight. Screw it. I'll play his game.

"I'd be honored to. Would I be able to bring along a friend? I believe it would make things less awkward if I was to have someone with me."

Please say yes.