And The Winner Is...

Morning came and all I could think about was my need for coffee along with winning the scholarship. While the coffee was brewing, I printed off the email so I could give it to Mrs. Bustier.

"You know Lila is going to try and take credit for winning this trip right," Chloe said.

"That's why I am printing off the email. It's proof. If she tries to say we worked on it together, then I'd just ask her what the essay says," I responded.

"She'll find a way to make this all about her," Nino added in.

"As long as we know the truth. Plus imagine her getting caught in a lie by Bruce Wayne," Adrien joked.

"Oh, her face would be priceless," Kim laughed.

"She'd still try to lie her way out," Nath reminded them.

"She'll eventually get what's coming to her," Kagami said.

"Come on. We need to get going if we don't want to be late to school," Luka pointed out.

I wanted to get there earlier than we usually do, so I have enough time to talk to Mrs. Bustier. Luckily she doesn't believe all of what Lila says, but she still doesn't do much about it. I understand that once we graduate we have to deal with problems like this on our own, but we're still in high school. Having an adult by our side could really come in handy.

After grabbing my coffee, we walked down into the bakery and said goodbye to my parents. Of course, they had to give us some food to take with us.

"I love your parents," Kim said with his mouth full.

"You say that every morning when you stay at my place," I joked.

We went our different ways from Kagami and Luka since they went to different school than us.

"Good luck with the liar," Kagami said while grabbing Luka's hand turning in the other direction.

"I'm the definition of luck."

I heard Luka scoff at my response. Reasonable.

The gang and I continued our walk to school which was also empty.

"I wish it was always this quiet. There's no fake crying or yelling. It's nice," Chloe said.

"If only," we all replied.

After stopping by our lockers, we quickly went to Mrs. Bustier's room. Today was Nino's turn, but I had a better idea. I see the glances that Chloe and him sneak at each other. Before anyone could sit down, I grabbed Adrien's arm and drug him to sit next to me.

"But it's Nino's turn to sit next to you," Adrien pointed out.

"I know but have you seen the way Chloe and Nino look at each other?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"Nino would tell me if he liked someone."

"Not if he is just figuring it out himself. Plus we need to talk about the heroes in Gotham."

"What about them?"

"I want to learn all I can about them. I'm not trying to find out their identities because that's their secret. I want to know their routes, fighting styles, and the criminals they fight. Gotham is a lot different than Paris. Things don't get repaired with magic. I'm probably worrying over nothing but what if a villain attacks us while we are there? I need to know how long it usually takes for them to get there."

"That's smart but what if we find out their identities while doing this research. I know you don't want to but there's a chance."

"It's just you and me doing this research so it will stay between us."