Chapter 7

Liu Shuang was slightly surprised and turned her head to engrave the scene before her eyes in her heart. Even many years later, she still remembered it deeply.

It was in March, with the spring scenery vivid and warm breeze swirling around the branches of the peach blossom trees. A pink petal drifted and silently landed on the slender shoulder of her junior sister.

Shen Qiqi wore a green garment, leaning against the window and looking at herself. Her almond-shaped eyes were clear and full of smiles. With one hand supporting her chin, she showed the unique playfulness and agility of a young girl, which was more enchanting than the colorful spring scenery.

"Senior sister!" Shen Qiqi smiled and called her back to reality. "What are you doing?"

Liu Shuang lowered her eyebrows, wiped away her emotions from her eyes, and said softly, "Why are you here?"

"I happened to be passing by, and I came to see what you're doing." Shen Qiqi turned her eyes and noticed the old man beside her. She quickly stood up straight and respectfully greeted him, "Elder Chang."

Chang Yao looked at her and snorted through his nose. "Humph, I thought you didn't care about me."

Chang Yao was the owner of the Baicaoyuan, in charge of everything here. He was obsessed with alchemy, unconcerned with worldly affairs, and looked somewhat sloppy on the surface, but his inner heart was simple and pure.

When Liu Shuang suffered from cold treatment and others took her house, and even tried to drive her down Qing Fēng Mountain, it was Chang Yao who came to take her in.

Because of this, Liu Shuang had always respected Chang Yao very much, and learned a lot of knowledge about medicinal pills from him. The relationship between teacher and disciple was built on mutual trust and support, with deep emotions.

However, Chang Yao's ending was not a happy one. The demon realm launched a ruthless massacre in the cultivation world, leaving misery and woe everywhere.

Under the accusations of many sects, he chose to prove Liu Shuang's innocence at the cost of his own life, but it was still of no use.

Shen Qiqi felt sorry for this old man's fate and looked at him with a hint of respect. She waved her hand and said, "No, I won't forget about you."

"I remember you, you are Shen Jue's little kid?" Chang Yao looked her up and down, showing a skeptical look. "Are you here again to deliberately make trouble for Xiao Shuang?"

It seemed that Shen Qiqi's dislike of Liu 6shuang had become widely known and was hard to erase.

Shen Qiqi was determined to change this bad impression and held up four fingers, pointing them towards the sky, and solemnly vowed, "No. From today on, I, Shen Qiqi, will never harm Senior sister again."

"Oh? Is that so?"

"Really! If I harm Senior Sister, I... I will never be able to go back home!"

Chang Yao laughed at her words and shook his head. "Ha, what kind of poisonous oath is that?"

Shen Qiqi smiled on her face, but thought to herself, "You don't understand. This poisonous oath is much more serious than any heavenly thunder or lightning. Never being able to return to the modern world is the most fatal blow for a transmigrator!"

Liu Shuang looked at her with deep eyes and said, "Okay, remember what you said today."

Shen Qiqi nodded without hesitation. She hadn't even hugged the female lead's thigh tightly yet, so why would she harm anyone? Isn't it better to be alive?