Chapter 48

Before everyone could react, they saw Shen Qiqi suddenly use some unknown strength to push Situ Yun aside and run madly towards the depths.

Her speed was so fast that she disappeared in no time. The demon generals was shocked and wanted to chase after her, but Situ Yun stopped them and sighed, "Let her go."

Shen Qiqi's intrusion was a matter of time, and he was only responsible for delaying her. Liu Shuang did not say she wanted to stop the other party, so he did not dare to act for fear of hurting the young lady.

Zhao Ke also wanted to follow, but suddenly a hand blocked him. He looked up and saw Situ Yun smiling with his arm extended, stopping him.

Zhao Ke frowned and asked, "What does this mean?"

Situ Yun remained calm and said with a smile in his eyes, "She can go, but you can't."

As she turned a corner, a strong smell of rust assaulted her senses, making Shen Qiqi uncomfortable, but she gritted her teeth and ran as fast as she could. She had a hunch that following the source of the bloody smell would lead her to Liu Shuang.

She didn't know if the blood was from her Senior sister or the demon beasts, but the former was more likely. After all, Liu Shuang's current cultivation was only in the Qi Refining stage, and she was weak and vulnerable to being tortured by those demon beasts.

Shen Qiqi became increasingly anxious and even bit her lips until they bled.

After passing through several forks, the stench of blood became stronger. Shen Qiqi ran with her head down, but suddenly felt something wet under her feet, almost slipping.

She froze and steadied herself before using her light ball to illuminate the ground. What she saw shocked her.

Blood was everywhere.

The dark tunnel was like a bloody road with a sticky red carpet spread out ahead. Even the walls and ceiling beside her were splattered with irregular-shaped bloodstains like bouquets of fresh red flowers. The color was still bright red and had not yet turned black.

Shen Qiqi's pupils contracted. If this was human blood, the person would have been in trouble long ago.

Just as she was panicking, the light ball beside her revealed strange and varying-sized corpses and body parts scattered on both sides of the road.

She tried to endure the fear and nausea, squatted down to observe carefully, and then slightly relaxed - these sharp claws and protruding skulls were not at all like human limbs, but rather like parts of beasts.

So many beasts bodies piled up here, but none of them were intact, they were all scattered. This means that the person who killed them did not kill them with one blow, but rather cruelly skinned them alive, cut their hearts out and dismembered them.

The scene in front of her seemed like a crimson purgatory. Shen Qiqi felt a chill and felt like she was going to have nightmares tonight. Could such a cruel method have been done by Liu Shuang...?!

Help! My heroine couldn't possibly be so terrible!

A gust of wind passed by, the light flickered, and she felt a chill behind her, almost losing her mind. She cried out, "Senior sister--" Her clear voice echoed endlessly in the deep mountain cave.

No one answered her.

Shen Qiqi's forehead oozed fine sweat. She swallowed a mouthful of air and ran forward without stopping.

At the end of the bloody road, the last intersection was waiting for her.

Turning around, she smelled a strong smell of blood rushing towards her.