Chapter 85

... It turns out that since her death three years ago, Liu Shuang's spiritual world has turned into a ruin.

The sky was shrouded in dark clouds, and the wind kicked up dust, leaving nothing in the spiritual sea. In the darkness, Shen Qiqi could only vaguely see Liu Shuang standing alone in front of the ruins, the dim light behind her outlining a hazy and thin silhouette.

She was like a cold stone statue, unmoving.

In the silence, Shen Qiqi slowly walked towards her.

Even though it was only a few short steps, it felt as if she had been walking for a long time.

When she finally reached Liu Shuang, her vision was already blurred by the intense pain that enveloped her. The pain was not just from the heartache of knowing everything, but also from Liu Shuang's emotional turmoil in her spiritual sea.

Endless despair and apathy threatened to engulf her in a swamp of negative emotions.

Choking back tears, she cautiously pulled on Liu Shuang's sleeve and spoke with a broken voice, "Senior sister..."

Liu Shuang turned her head, her eyes as dark and lifeless as a stagnant pond, devoid of any light.

Shen Qiqi looked at her, tears streaming uncontrollably down her face.

Liu Shuang's darkness and pain were all caused by Shen Qiqi. As the instigator of everything, Shen Qiqi had never expected to become someone important to Liu Shuang.

She had never thought that she would become so important.

It was like a dark abyss that suddenly opened up to let in a ray of sunshine, gradually dispelling the gloom.

But even the brightest sunlight would eventually set. Once something beautiful was lost, it would no longer be anticipated.

Even if it was grasped again, it would be held carefully, fearing to lose it again.

Because she had lost it before, she wanted to lock it up tightly in her hands, so she would not lose it again.

But in her subconscious, she felt that this ray of light might still disappear, and even if she held it in her hand, she could not believe that it would always be there.

Shen Qiqi released Liu Shuang's sleeve and slowly stroked her cheek.

The intense pain flooded over her like a tidal wave, and Shen Qiqi's face turned pale in an instant.

Her figure swayed, almost falling down.

Shen Qiqi smiled and tears rolled down her cheeks. Her voice was gentle, "Senior sister, don't be afraid, I'm right here."

Her gaze was bright and firm, as if all the light in the world was converging inside it.

"I never thought about being a creator god, and I don't care about every person in this book."

Suddenly, Liu Shuang's eyes moved.

Her eyes were indifferent and emotionless, devoid of any life.

Thin wisps of black mist emanated from her body and rushed to envelop Shen Qiqi. Through the mist, myriad gods and demons were screaming sharply, in pain and sorrow.

A bone-chilling cold spread from the black mist, engulfing Shen Qiqi. She took a step forward and tightly hugged Liu Shuang.

She whispered, "I only care about you."

Liu Shuang's lips trembled.

She looked down at the person in her arms, her fingers involuntarily curling up, as if wanting to touch her, but also afraid to touch her.