Tranquil | Story| Villain Universe

This was why he never took a day off.

Life was far too, tranquil, without a nefarious plan of world domination. The whole day he had been laying on the roof of his evil hideout, basking in the light of the sun. The vague hope in the back of his mind that the hero would show their face.

'Shower' was the dominating hero in his city. Tall, demanding, courageous, a willing smile and a kind heart for anyone.

Disgusting, or at least that was what he said, when he liberated a camera-man last week.

Shower's reacting was, to be even more nicer and kinder to everyone and stop every single one of his operations. Every plan he had had ready to execute was destroyed, even the ones still being worked on in his labs.

Well, they were probably hidden somewhere far away. And if he grovelled enough and did some kidnapping he would get them back.

It didn't change the end result of him having nothing to do today. Those were the consequences of his actions.

Boredom.

Tranquility.

Peace.

Disgusting.

Where was the drama?!

But alas, no drama for him today. Shower's word was law after all.

-

The sun had set in the sky and the moon had risen among the stars when someone appeared on the roof. Recognizing the soft footsteps closing in on his location, did Jules not deem it necessary to move.

Tomorrow he would grovel. Today he was too tired from not doing anything.

"Did you really spend the whole day laying around here?"

Jules ignored the indignation in their voice and merely sat up to face them.

"Why surprised? What else was I supposed to do, when you made sure there was nothing to do for me. Normally I would have spend it with you, which would have been truly evil of you if that been your goal. But as you were out of town leaving me alone in my misery, there truly was nothing to do."

Yuna was clearly not convinced, but couldn't really rebuke his statement. They had after all destroyed all his plans and equipment for any evil plans he had. And, hopefully, hid the ones yet unfinished.

"Well I hoped you would do something. Like planning something or creating a new weapon, or I don't know kidnap someone."

A smile crept up his face as Yuna said the exact words he had been hoping for. He had in fact did plan a kidnapping, he had some grovelling to do.

"If you're offering. I've got tickets, completely legally, to that new movie you were talking about and reserved a table at your favorite restaurant. That is if you're interested in being kidnapped for the rest of the night."

Yuna didn't even grace him with an answer instead swung them both of the roof, carrying Jules in their arms to their destination.

What a day of boredom and tranquility couldn't let a creative mind come up with.

-

April 2, 2023