Obligation | Story | Villain Universe

Every single day Yuna asked themselves why they were doing this. Why they were risking their life for sometimes incredible stupid humans, who would do the same moronic thing the very next day.

Many days they came home bruised and beating day, and cried themselves to sleep.

But sometimes.

Sometimes they remembered why they became a hero. And the saving of others didn't felt, as an obligation for one ethereal moment.

Of course the moment was immediately ruined by the local villain.

Yuna had been flying around and had just saved a kitten from a tree. The young boy was looking at them with stars in his eyes, and told them he wanted to be a hero one day to. They had brought the kid home, as it had gotten dark already and the city wasn't exactly a safe place for young kids.

That was when an explosion disturbed the quiet night and the ungrateful work began again.

It was EE&MM (Extremely Evil & Master Manipulator).

Of course it was him. The man couldn't go a day without destroying some government project with dubious moralities.

Yuna was supposed to turn him in, as the man was clearly unfit for a fight. Yet they didn't as they never did.

In broad daylight Yuna couldn't support his views and ideas, but behind closed doors they had to agree with him. For some people it would take too long to expel from society when you took the honorable road. And if EE&MM was willing to take the risk, Yuna wouldn't stop him from his commitment.

It was often a more noble calling than their own obligated work.