1. The Janitor

"Heya good old papa Smurf. " You wave to your father and approach him, he was currently on break. As you approach him with a big grin on your face you take a seat from the large table and drag it near him.

The old bean looked towards you also a huge grin on his face.
"Don't call me that you youngster, back in my day... "

You instantly playfully rolled your eyes hearing this quote, playing along chuckling secretly.

The old bean smiled glancing at you"I'm just pulling your arm y/n!" He smiled as he pulled out a newspaper.

He looked at you playfully whispering like one of those ghost stories.
"So y/n didja hear about that attempted murder the other day in town?" He asked questioningly.

"Uh, no dad, what is it lol?" You respond.

Your dad beamed since you wanted to hear his story he enthusiastically leaned towards you to let you see the news paper.

"Well on the news they saw a strange curved figu-"

Your eyes widen.

"Wait."

You sniff the air gagging a bit.

"Is it just me or do I smell something burnt?" Your father shrugged "I dunno what your saying my hearing isn't good...could you repeat that? "

You nodded, "Yeah I forgot about that..."

You lean in and loudly and slowly say " I smell something on f i r e."

"Ok, ok I was pulling your leg I can hear you just fine! " Your dad said laughing.

You sigh concealing a smile.
"I'm going to check outside." You got up from your chair and opened the door.

Shrieks, screams and cries for help to extinguish the gigantic fire which engulfed peppers studio. Your dads current employer.

You immediately shut the door. Your eyes wide open. "Everyone is on fire man.. " Your father looked to his right. "Lucky there's a fire escape conviently here. " Your old bean father said and walked out. You proceeded to do the same.

The exit lead to the parking lot while many fire brigaders (which were not chocolate as they melt easily) were extinguishing the place.

You look to your dad to see any sad reaction from him but he just looked as though he didn't really care.
"Hey so you wanna go for a burger meal? My treat. His nonchalant glare scared you a bit but you shrugged smiling.

You nodded your head agreeing that the both of you would get burgers. "Yeah man let's go. "

As you two walked to the burger shop while avoiding the cracks in the footpath, you looked above.

Were we really this insignificant? The fact that millions of people could've seen this plane above them makes you feel insignificant

Were we really this insignificant? The fact that millions of people could've seen this plane above them makes you feel insignificant. You shrug and continue going to your destination.

You both went to the burger shop and saw someone hurriedly purchase a meal and sneak the toy in their pocket. They were finely dressed but all scruffy.

"Is this fruit Ohio..." You mutter quietly

"Hey isn't that guy one of those people from my employers opposing game show?" your father says pointing at him cutting you off. You narrow your eyes a bit. You've seen this game on TV before...

You shrugged.
"Sure seems like it, should we see the show.? "

You father thinks for a while "Eh I'm probably going to die before I get fired anyway"
He looks at you

"Let's do this."

You and your father bought tickets to the game show "Shovelware's Brain Game? Smart name."
Your father says reading out the ticket with the franchise name on it nodding in approval, you chuckle a bit. "Huh what's so funny?" Your father bean says watching you snort a bit..

You say very quietly with a big grin on your face "Peanut-Pff butter jelly time-"

Your father looks at you confused "I'll never understand anime... "

"Dad it's not an anime... "

A small young banana appears from a door labeled 'entrance'. Cutting everyone off.

"Everyone please line up and show me your tickets! " He said bossily.

He only needed to glance once to see but he always identified the fake tickets at first glance to.

He sighed and read out the next instruction for everyone. Not going to lie you felt quite excited.

"Okay follow my lead everyone. " The small banana said pulling out two orange triangles with handles. You guys got a seat from the front row. Everyone else was smiling and enjoying their time with huge grins in the colourful crowd. It wasn't an exaggeration to say you and your dad stuck out like sore thumbs. Probably cause you both have no friends.

You hear a drumroll and a spotlight on a banana door.

The announcer finally spoke "Hello everyone! Here's our beloved host! Dancing Banana!"

A banana flipped his microphone and adjusted his tie who came from a banana door as he waved at everyone. Something about his gaze just seemed off...

You were usually pretty chill about people and don't judge them at first glance... But that banana was insanley suspicious...