Chapter 1

I have met many among my life. Many who wish to challenge me. To uphold me. To admire me.

However, none have made quite the impact as he did.

A boy with raven black hair and a smile that could light up a whole land.

I only hope for those who I've known to have the benefit of meeting someone that becomes so uniquely important and special in their life.
Someone who brings out their better and true selves, even if one may not realize it at the moment.

***

•Present day•

"Are you ready?"

"You say the word and I execute."

"Alright....ready.."

I focus on the target and wait for the go-ahead.

"Now."

I rush in and tackle one of the targets and the other one comes racing at me.

He aims a gun at me and I quickly reappear behind him before kicking his back legs and dropping him to his knees.

He turns the gun to the side like an imbecile and tries to shoot me before I grab his arm and twist it.

He screams in pain and that's when I see Nat come racing in.

She shoots an electric current through him from her wrist weapon.

Still don't know what it's properly called.

He thrashes and twitches on the floor and she looks at me with a smirk.

"Come on."

~~~

We've been waiting for one of them to crack for what feels like hours.

"It's no use."

I think about how late it's getting and wonder if I should let her handle this on her own.

"I'm sure we could ask Tony for assistance," I tell her with a smirk and she shakes her head.

"Nah. It's alright. I'll figure it out."

I look at her with a bitter expression and sigh.

I walk up to both of them with a firm and threatening look.

"Come on now. Out with it. I'd hate to scare it out of you," I say with almost a fake pout.

The men chuckle and look at each other.

"You scare me?" 

He laughs and then spits by my feet.

I look at him and the spit unbothered and sigh.

"Alright, but don't say I didn't warn you."

I walk to him and rather than focus on the man who spit at me I go for the other one. I place my hands on his temples aggressively and lean in before I close my eyes.

It feels like a second to me and everyone else but to this man, it lasted about at least ten minutes.

Once I let go he's screaming in agony and looks at me horrified.

The man who spit at me is screaming at his friend and at me asking what I've done.

The other man, nearly drooling as he sputtered nonsense, won't even look at me.

"What the hell was that?" Nat asks by my ear.

I turn to her with a mischievous smirk.

She looks at me almost frightened.