Chapter 7

I had just arrived and the place looked fancy.

Fury let me get off first and scope out the place. I'm supposed to let them know when to come in.

So far no one suspects me. Although I'm wearing my suit, the illusion of the fancy dress and makeup is fairly well.

"Do you see him?" I hear Cap ask through my earpiece.

"Not yet."

I strolled around and I kept to myself.

I thought that perhaps he left until I glanced up and saw him there. In the flesh. With what looked to be the scepter. I knew it was just that because it was glowing bright blue. He was wearing a nicely fitted suit and his hair was done well. Almost how he used to have it. Slicker back.

No doubt it's all an illusion. Just as mine.

He doesn't notice me. He comes walking down the steps and in my trance I almost forget to let everyone know.

"I see him."

"Where is he?" Nat asks.

"He's walking down the grand stairs. He hasn't spotted me. I'm keeping my distance."

"Good. Just keep watching and let us know when."

"Roger that."

He walks by and a man that has been speaking to everyone turns around and faces him.

Loki strikes a guard with his scepter and grabs the man. I watch in shock as he tosses him onto a grand artifact table and pulls out a device.

It starts to glow blue and spin absurdly. He doesn't hesitate to pierce the man with the device right on his eyeball. I watch as the man thrashes in pain and everyone runs away screaming in horror.

I stay long enough to see that despicable smile of his. As if he's enjoying every moment of it.

"Okay, it's time," I tell them.

I start to walk out fast and turn the building. Letting my illusion fade.

I creep around to see that his did as well. I now see his very familiar armor on. His horns that look greater than I remembered and his scepter that looks greatly more intimidating than it looked as a cane.

He looks down the road as he crosses the street and uses his scepter to strike a cop car coming in full force. He manages to send it flipping forward.

Hell! I need to step in but my hands are shaking and my hearts racing. I haven't seen him in ages and now I'm supposed to stop him?

I know I'm strong but I have never once dared to think of myself stronger than him.

Equals probably but now..he has an advantage.

"Kneel before me!"

I look around and notice he's got everyone from the building outside in a crowd.

"I said," he goes smashing his scepter into the ground illuminating a blue aura. "KNEEL!"

Damn my cowardliness.

"Madegn, you're up!" Fury calls through the earpiece. Pushing me to hurry before Loki does anything much graver.

"Is not this simpler?" He goes and I cast an illusion so he cannot see me as I walk closer to the scene.

"Is this not your natural state?"

I try my best to ignore the absurdities that he is spewing because otherwise, I'm not sure I can go through with this.

"It's the unspoken truth of humanity. That you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."