Chapter 12

With her arm linked with mine, we walk towards the dining room and before we enter, Loki emerges from the room and he halts as soon as he sees me.

His mouth slack, in what? I'm not sure but he stares at me for a good moment.

"Sage.."

I don't ignore the way his eyes trail my body.

I guess I looked better than he expected.

"Did I exceed your expectations?" I ask after a moment of silence.

He doesn't respond. His face serious as he brings his eyes to my face scanning every feature.

"I was just bringing her to the dining hall," Sigyn adds breaking the trance that seemed to hold Loki's attention.

"I..uh, forgive me," he says lowering his head ever so slightly and looking away before turning to me again. "I meant to come fetch you. I didn't expect you so soon."

"It's alright," I say with a smile.

"Well, let's eat. Shall we?" Sigyn asks looking between us.

Loki and I nod.

She keeps her arms linked with mine as we walk in and I can feel Lokis stare closely.

I feel my stomach turn as I spot several people I do not recognize. As well as Thor, Frigga, and at the end of the table The king himself.

I pray this goes well.

~

The dinner went as well as it could've gone.

Everyone was very kind towards me. For the most part.

Odin was pretty tame with me. He didn't speak so much to me other than questioning me at the start of the meal about where I reside and with whom.

Other than that everyone was alright.

I got along well with Sif and Thor.

I've interacted with Thor a multitude of times but all have been short and brief. This dinner, however, he went on and on about embarrassing memories of which him and Loki share.

All while Loki sits bitterly hearing all of it being hashed out.

He didn't speak much but he did look over at me a vastly amount and sent subtle smiles throughout dinner. Trying his best to reassure me that everything is going fine I'm sure.

The only thing that bothered me was not being able to sit next to or across from Loki. I felt I would feel much better if I did but Sigyn insisted I sit next to her and across from one of their friends named Fandral.

He was sweet and quite the charmer.

I watched Loki stare daggers at him anytime he was getting a little carried away but I didn't mind it. I get that a lot from Horge and I know he only meant it jokingly. Especially considering the rest of the dinner he talked to me quite respectfully. As did the rest of them.

I knew the dinner was a success when Odin let me know that I was welcomed in the palace anytime.

Did he say it flatly and very seriously? Yes, however it still means something for him to approve of me. Whether or not he and Loki have the best of relationships. He's still his father and he is after all, the king.