Chapter 10

*Seven months later*

"Good god!" Loki nearly shouts as I appear in his room.

"You know, you would think, for someone who's surrounded by magical beings and wields magic themselves, you'd be pretty accustomed to people magically appearing out of nowhere," I explain.

"Nobody is as bizarre or mad enough to just appear in my room! I could've been naked you know?!" He snaps.

I chuckle lightly and sit on his chair by his desk.

"Oh stop being dramatic. It's the middle of the day. If you are not at the field then you're most likely reading," I say with a smirk as I eye the book on his bed.

He makes it disappear just as quickly.

"No sickness?" He asks as if the reality of my casual appearance removed any anger he had a moment ago.

"I think I'm getting used to it," I say with a bright proud smile.

"Very well," he says satisfied before making the book reappear as he ignores my presence now and continues to read.

I use my magic to grab one of the books on his bedside table.

I can see his eyes nonchalantly follow the book as it comes to my hands, all while his body and face stay in the same position. Facing his book before he glances back at it.

I scan the book and read that it's a psychology book. It's very intricate and it has me wondering how much he knows. Why he's reading this book and most importantly where he's acquired them from. I don't see many Asgardians carrying much literature around. Or at the very least selling any.

Then for a brief moment, I wonder how childish or immature I must seem compared to him. Knowing he reads all these books about such complex topics and I hardly read a thing. Knowing that he most likely understands all of this and I know nothing. I can hardly compare to him and his smar-

"You have been invited to dinner," Loki speaks up almost impatiently out of nowhere after a minute or two of silence.

"Dinner?" I ask in confusion, then decide to toy with him for the fun of it upon sensing his shortened temper.
"Ah yes, you heard?" I say as he now is the one confused. "Yes..well, Horge sure is a persuasive one. I wonder what delicious food he shall make me," I say with a grin.

His expression fiercely targeted at me as I grin widely. As I'm stepping on his last nerve. Knowing fully well how much he despises Horge.

The few times they've interacted Loki has been very quiet and Horge is very...Horge.

Which Loki seems to hate.

He doesn't say much about him when it's just the two of us unless I bring him up, thankfully, as he knows how well of a friend Horge is becoming but it doesn't change his feelings towards him. Although I wish it did.

"I'm only joking. Although I'm not sure I should attend."

"Well, I'll have you know it's not something you may stay away from. Your presence is expected."

"And who has invited me? Your mother?"

He moves the book away from his face but doesn't respond. He simply presses his lips together awkwardly.

I widen my eyes.

"Your father?"

He then makes the book disappear as he sits up.