Chapter 6

It had been about two weeks give or take since I last went to the field and practiced magic.

Since I've seen Loki.

I haven't been practicing magic but I did make a friend in the two walks I've just spent wandering around the village.

His name is Horge. He knows magic as well but he doesn't practice it much.

I met him when I was grabbing food for my aunt.

I didn't have enough to pay for all the ingredients and I was considering stealing. Using some of my magic to perhaps cast myself as invisible like Loki does considering no one was paying much attention to me. Unfortunately, I couldn't hold it and in frustration, I dropped the food back where it belonged and he had been watching me.

I remember I was sure that he would turn me in but he rather helped me by buying the rest for me.

"You don't need to do that," I told him.

"I don't mind."

"But I do," I say lunging to grab the fruits to place them back but he makes them disappear. I grunt in annoyance and he smiles before quickly going to pay for them.

"Here you go," he says.

"Did you not hear me?"

"Oh, I heard you. Loud and clear but see I don't care. Take the fruits."

I look at him feeling insulted and I'm about to turn around when he reappears before me.

"My apologies. I was only teasing. I just didn't want you to worry about it. I have more than enough money for my needs."

"And what of your family?"

"It is only me."

I look at him puzzled.

I don't ignore the fact that he certainly looks older than me but not old enough to not have parents and certainly not old enough to live alone.

"Only you?"

He smiles and I finally take the fruits from his hands.

The people around us are not particularly bothered by the use of magic. As I've stated they're used to it. So they continue casually ignoring our conversation.

"My name is Horge, and yours?"

"Sage," I say as he holds out a hand for me to shake.

I accept.

After that, he walked me home and we talked for a bit and when I went wandering outside the day after, I stumbled upon him again until I just started meeting with him in the village. Stopping to talk and eat wherever we found ourselves.

"I could teach you how to teleport if you'd wish to learn." He offers and I almost immediately decline.

I wait for a moment though before responding.

"Oh, it's quite alright. I don't mean to bother you. I'm sure I'll figure it out on my own."

"It's no bother," he states before biting into the bread he's been eating. "I can teach you within a couple of days."

That's very presumptuous of him.

"Really?"

"Of course, you have to really focus and spend most of the day with me. Not sure if that's a problem for you?" He asks with a smirk.