Chapter 15

"There's not many people that can sneak up on me," he says with a big grin plastered on his face.

I lean against the wall across from his cell. I don't speak and he walks slowly closer to the me. Almost touching the forcefield keeping him contained.

"Have you come to gloat?"

"No."

He seems to get annoyed by my lack of reasoning for coming down.

"Then what is it? Do I look like a circus show to you?" He says now very clearly frustrated.

"I'm just taking in this sight," I say honestly.

I see his jaw tick.

"You believe yourself greater than me for being where you are? We are one and the same, Sage. You may not see it yet but you will," he says menacingly.

"We are not the same," I say firmly as I step closer to him.

"Do tell me exactly how we are not similar?"

"I get rid of those who present danger. The scum of the nine realms. People who do not deserve such pleasure as life when they see it fit to take those of the innocents," I say causing an amusing stare by him. "People like you," I add causing his face to fall. Almost in sadness for a millisecond before it twists into a familiar anger.

"Because I'm the monster..correct?"

I didn't want to agree with him because deep down I still care much for him and I hate to admit it but I cannot be a liar as well.

"You took a lot of lives. That is not exactly hero tendencies. Much less actions those of a king. More so of a dictator."

His straight face does not waver as he bores his heinous eyes into mine.

"You attacked all of us. You tried to kill me as well."

"I wasn't trying to kill you," he states with an amused smirk and shake of his head as he closes his eyes.

"No? You held me by the throat and nearly crushed my brain after tossing me on the ground as if I'm nothing more than an enemy. Just another person you needed to take out. I was merely an obstacle in your path," I spit out with heavy emotion etched into my voice. "Not at all someone you once knew very well-"

"If I wanted you dead, you would be!" He snaps cutting me off as he slams his fist on the forcefield.

I quiet down at his confession.

"I didn't want to fight you. I've made that very clear," he says much calmer now after a moment of silence. His chest rising up heavily as he stares with eyes wide in almost desperation.

"Yes, but you did.. and you killed many innocents. Including Phil," I retort the last bit with clenched teeth.

"You take lives just as I," he responds stepping back in desperation as if he needs more room to move around. "What makes you so high and mighty? All powerful enough to play god and choose when someone should live or die?"

I feel my pulse quicken as anger starts to arise.

"You, Thor, Odin!" He snaps with venom in his voice. "You're all nothing but murders. Playing into a facade of heroes. In an attempt to rid yourselves of the never ending guilt from what it is you do. From who you truly are," he says staring into my eyes before taking a step back from the forcefield. "Tell yourself what you must to help you sleep at night but we are the same. We take life when it sees fit to us."