Chapter 16

I woke on the softest sheets I have ever laid upon.

The room was dark with a peek of sun shining through the large curtain covering the window.

I sat up and felt a bit sore still.

It wasn't as bad as yesterday thankfully but the bit of soreness is still there.

I sat up and walked over to the large windows and pulled back the golden silk curtains that had flower designs covered in them.

Once I pulled the curtain back the sun draped its bright color into the room. Making it brighter in here than I could ever imagine.

I walked over to the dresser and noticed the change of clothes that was brought in here.

The only reason I know that is because Loki always leaves a little note with the outfits he has made for me.

I look at myself in the mirror and the unforgettable memory of last night resurfaces my brain.

~

I'm standing there shocked for the moment after hearing what I thought I would never hear coming from the lips of Loki.

His breaths still shallow as his grip tightens and for a moment I'm too stunned to do anything until I relax and hug him back.

We stand like that for a moment or two until he pulls away slowly.

I look into his glossy eyes and he's still breathing hard.

With his arms still around me and his eyes scanning my every feature until they land on my lips and stay there.

I feel my heart start to race by this realization.

"Loki," I hardly whisper until a lighter voice calls out to him too.

He pulls away quickly before either of us could continue whatever on Asgard it was that we were doing.

~

I look away and change quickly before I hear a knock.

I feel I've stopped breathing for a moment.

Thinking it could be Loki.

I call out even though I don't want to.

The door opens and as my heart starts to race, I feel a weight being lifted off as soon as I see Frigga coming in with a soft smile.

"I hope I wasn't disturbing."

"No. Of course not," I tell her with a light shake of the head.

"Hm. There's food at the dining table. I figure it'd be good for you to eat. To regain your strength after..all that time."

I nod even though I want to ask more.

I wasn't given much of an explanation last night.

I had a talk with Frigga about how I was feeling and she just told me everything is alright now.

I wanted to go home to my aunt but they insisted that I stay here and rest. Regardless of all the sleep, I have already had.

Loki walked out of the room and I haven't seen him since our hug.

Our hug that felt like more than just that.