Of Trumaines, Hooks and Ravens

Quest had made his way to Curl up and dye with Mal following closely behind him. She had no idea why he had randomly changed his mind and asked her to come along as opposed to doing the run for her, but she didn't question it. He of all people deserved a little backtracking when it came to her.

They came to the sign that said, 'closed till midnight' Mall raised an eyebrow. She had forgotten about that. Quest just grabbed the door and threw it open with little effort. She heard Dizzy's favorite song playing. Anthony must have caved. He never could say no to her. Doesn't matter what we do 'cause I'd rather be with you, Rather be with you rather be with you.

The whole place was splattered with paint and there were neon chemicals that Anthony and Dizzy used for all kinds of things, like supplying Quest with paints, bubbling over in a recycled bathtub covered in paint. Doesn't matter what we do cause I'd rather be with you, rather be with you rather be with you. Doesn't matter who is who cause I'd rather be with you, rather be with you rather be with you. ya-oo ya-oo rather be with you, ya-oo ya-oo rather be with you, ya-oo ya-oo rather be with you.

Off to the side Anthony was Checking off his and Dizzy's chore list in yellow chalk. Dizzy grabbed a broom and started sweeping up locks left over from previous clients. When the two saw Quest they grinned, turning off the music, Dizzy's grin got wider seein Mal, Anthonys fell. "Mal," Dizzy exclaimed, she rushed over and hugged her, "Is Evie back too?"

Mal scoffed, "As if." Dizzy deflated slightly but kept her smile. "Forgot you guys don't open till midnight." She nodded at her, "place looks good." Dizzy and Anthony smiled at each other glancing around, they took pride in this place, "So what's the deal has your grandmother given you two any customers."

"Just a witch here or there, mostly it's a lot of scrubbing, skewering and sweeping."

Anthony muttered, "Lots and Lots of sweeping," Dizzy nodded and pointed at him.

"Sounds like the old Cinderella treatment."

Dizzy nodded, "She's gone from wicked stepmother to wicked Grandmother." Dizzy looked up at the ceiling where her grandmother was a floor above.

Mal shrugged, "That's not really much of a switch."

"What are you doing back Mal?" Anthony asked, crossing his legs as he sat back in one of the salon chairs. "Most of the isle wants you dead for abandoning us."

"I didn't abandon anyone."

"Really cause I'm surprised Quest is even walking with you. You abandoned him here. Two weeks ago he was calling for your head." Quest looked sheepish, "and don't even get me started on your father."

Mal tilted her head and raised her eyebrow, "My father?"

"You didn't even say goodbye to Diaval," Mal let out a soft breath. A good 90% of the isle thought Diaval was her father. Considering the fact that her father was never present and Diaval was the only stable parental figure she was ever given she never corrected anyone. She was rushed off the isle so quickly that her mother never let her say a proper goodbye to the raven-man. She genuinely did feel bad for leaving without so much as a whisper to him.

"I found out the day I was leaving I didn't even get to see him before I left. As for Quest I had been trying to get him over for months now." The queen's son looked up at his best friend with pleading eyes. "Belle and Adam were making it hard," she huffed, crossing her arms. Dizzy tilted her head in wonder and Anthony looked at her with a newfound respect but didn't budge. "Dizzy you used to do Evie, right?"

The girl went back to smiling "Yea I thought of the little braids."

"Got any ideas for me?"

Dizzy winced and looked at her big cousin. Quest popped up behind both girls and looked at him with a pleading expression. Anthony's expression softened and he sighed, "Fine whatever."