Family Talk

Everyone was breathing heavily by the time it was over. "I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to." Ben said to Mal after catching his breath.

"I mean as long as you're safe that's..." she trailed off.

"At least I got to see the isle, they're our people too." Ben said, referring to the other rulers of the four kingdoms. "Uma helped me see that."

"Finally," Ella laughed half-heartedly from the front.

Aaron gave him a half smile, "took all that?"

Ben smiled back at him, "Uma captured you" Mal stated anger growing in her words.

"She's an angry girl with a bad plan," Ryder chimed in. "Thats no so different from you guys when you came to Auradon," Mal looked at Ryder in betrayal. She wanted to claim otherwise that this was completely different but in the end it wasn't and she knew that deep down. Mal had trapped Ben too, she spelled him and though he stayed with her that didn't mean it was the right course of action. Now that she thought about it he actually never apologized and for some reason she was the one running and hurt. She had captured Ben and earned Ryder's respect just like Uma had.

"Awkward," Dude sang, jerking her out of her thoughts.

"Dude just 'cause you can talk doesn't always mean you should," Carlos warned.

Jazzy leaned her head on the window watching the isle speed by, "Jazz?" Evie asked.

"He listened to me, no one ever listened to me."

Carlos and Evie shared a look, "Jazzy what are you talking about, we listen to you."

She shook her head, "Not always."

Aaron looked at Jazzy, then the other two. "We always knew each other but we weren't always friends." That was a shock the five royals always acted as close as siblings. Aaron took a shaky breath and Lonnie took his hand in a show of support she knew how hard it was for him to talk about. Ryder sunk down in his seat and covered his face. "Ryder and Ella ran with Chad and Audrey for a while before we were brought into the fold. There were others who were the real problem though. They picked on us from time to time, but I kept my head low didnt say anything to anyone, I didn't even talk to myself under my breath in public. It was that bad. Jazzy was a little more outspoken. One day she got into an altercation with one of them because she was talking to Aziz about something that excited her, I don't know what. Aziz walked away for one minute, one of them was walking by and started picking on her, Jazzy got fed up and yelled, eventually it turned Physical."

"Me and Ella were passing through on our way back from Archery lessons," Ryder added, taking his hands away from his face. "We stopped them, Ella almost shot their head off. They still teased Jazzy after that, calling her a damsel in distress claiming she needed to be saved at every tiny inconvenience."

A heavy silence fell over them, "what happened to them?"

He waved them off like it wasn't that important, "Banished to the land without magic for a separate reason, it's a place with no magic, happy endings and they believe we are all fairytales, well our parents we don't exist to them."

"We might now," Ella chimed in from the front seat, "with all the stories they keep making to fill their dull lives."

"Normally I'd say that's a harsh punishment but they messed with Jazzy."

Jazzy snapped out of her daze and smiled at Evie, "Anyway, we brought Aaron into the group a week later," Ella said.

"Yea he tripped over his feet while Jazzy was pointing him out to us and Ella wanted him," Aaron blushed, but it served to lighten the mood so he didn't care too much.