Cotillion Ready

The bell rang signaling the start of fencing practice as always Ella and Aaron were in the stands. Ella was grinning ear to ear; she knew what Jay was doing. Of course, she did, he told her everything. Jay called his team with Ryder next to him, "let's bring it in boys. Let's bring it in," When everyone got in, he started, "You all know I come for the isle right where things are pretty," he paused in an effort not to curse, "let's just say messed up, but there is one thing the isle's got on Auradon If your strong we want you by our side girl or boy."

Chad let a small smile grace his features, "what are you too planning?"

Ryder returned the smile and pulled the rule book out of his back pocket, "a team shall be comprised of a captain, a co-captain and eight men." Aaron looked over at Ella with an astonished look, Jay found a loophole. It seemed so obvious when Ryder had said it like it was the clearest thing in the world but no one, to his knowledge had ever put the pieces together especially so seamlessly. "So, uh give it up for your new team captain and co-captain." Jazzy and Lonnie ran in.

The whole team especially Chad clapped loudly, Jazzy and Lonnie were the best swordsmen in school, they were formidable. They were gonna siege their way to first in the league this year. Jazzy and Lonnie smiled, bumping shoulders, maybe they could rewrite the rules. Jay placed his whistle around Lonnie's neck and Ryder placed his over Jazzy's. She knew it was only symbolic, he would want the whistle back Cassandra had gifted it to him, shaped from the black rocks that once overtook his kingdom. "Thank you," they said to the boys. Jay and Ryder stepped back, joining the circle clapping with the team. Ella was clapping from her place on the balcony Aaron joining in letting out a loud whistle keeping his eyes firmly on Lonnie.

They blew the whistles together, "give us Ten," Jazzy said.

"Come one guys," Lonnie placed a foot on Ryder's back and Jazzy placed one on Jay, each pushing down very lightly. "Pick it up Ryder," He looked up at her with a playful look, knowing he probably just made Aaron a little jealous. Ryder didn't have a date to Cotillion, Aaron better ask her before he did as friends obviously, he didn't like Lonnie that way. He had his eye on a different prize and if he could get her off the isle that is, she would definitely be a prize then.

"Nice form Jay," after they were done, they blew the whistles again. "Practice is over."

Lonnie laughed, "yeah go get ready for cotillion." As Jay and Ryder went to leave, they stopped them, "Hey Jay, Ryder."

"Yeah?" Jay asked.

They smiled, "wait till I tell my mom," Lonnie told him.

Jazzy grasps the whistle tightly as she takes it off the chain and hands it back to Ryder, "It means the world to me. Really."

The boys smiled at them, "let get outa here."

Aaron hopped down for the balcony landing on his feet with a loud slamming sound startling all four. "Actually, can I speak with Lonnie? Alone?" Ryder and Jay nodded with Ella dragging them out by their ears with Jazzy trailing behind.

"Ouch Nightlight"

"Seriously sis loosen up."

Lonnie turned back to Aaron who was as red as his mother's hair, "what did you need? Are you okay? You don't look too hot."

"Gee thanks," he managed to mutter.

She looked confused for about half a second then got a panicked look, "I-I'm sorry," She stammered. "I meant that you didn't look too good," her eyes widened, "I mean you look hot, not kind of hot. I mean you look a little off, not that you don't look hot, not that I think- you know what I'm gonna stop talking. It was the most flustered she had ever been.