A Royal Mess

As the four VK's walked down the hall every girl kept flirting with Jay as a way of greeting, he would politely say hey back but made no move to stop and follow along with their conversation. "They do know you're already with Ella, right?" Carlos said.

Jay nodded, "Yea they really don't care. Most think I'd prefer a lesser workload since I'm from the isle."

Carlos rolled his eyes but after a moment he gained a serious look, "Um, Jay... How did you ask Ella out? like what did you do?" Carlos said really nervous.

Jay placed a hand on Carlos' shoulder, it was common knowledge among the eight and pretty much everyone that wasn't her that Carlos had a crush on Jane. The poor boy had no idea how to approach the subject though. He had talked about it with his mother, Anita, but all her methods included being straight forward as did Roger's and Carlos is scared by nature so that wasn't happening "Listen, all you got to do to get her... is look like me."

"Oh, haha," Carlos huffed, "But really?"

Jay looked back trying to remember the suppressed Memory. He was so scared he was gonna have to forget about her and that she would forget him that he tried to black out as much as he could and never thought to dig it back up. Now was as good a time as any to try and bring it back up, he supposed.

Ella was trying to get in some target practice before the tourney game. She was hitting every bullseye at least twice. Just as she loosed another Arrow, Jay came up, "Nice shot."

she smiled at him "Thanks. What's up?" Ella asked, looking for once relieved from all the princess and advisor duties for once.

Jay shook his head, "Nothing just wanted to see you."

Her smile grew as she sat back on the grass and looked up at the clouds. Jay laid back next to her "The sun," she sighed to herself thinking of her family symbol. She turned to Jay "it represents life, influence, and strength. Everything I intended to Keep this kingdom in. It chases away the dark and gets rid of all the bad things that scare you at night."

Jay just looked at the blond princess, she just wore a black tank top and ripped blue jeans, her boots were kicked off next to the targets and she had her quiver next to her, and some weird leather glove with three fingers that went up her forearm. "You've done a pretty good job so far."

"Only for four of you I want to help so many more people and even so, one person can't chase away everyone's bad dreams. Everyone has monsters, and I can't chase them all away."

Jay kept his eyes on the princesses, "You're trying to chase away mine, and you're doing a bang-up job." She looks at him, the smallest hint of a smile on her face. "Guess that makes you, my Nightlight," She giggled a bit. That gave Jay a sudden burst of courage, "Hey, would you maybe wanna hang out sometime."

Ella's breath caught in her throat she thought Jay was sweet, respectful and kind a little bit of a flirt but that wasn't an issue when you're single. He definitely wasn't a villain, "I'd like that" she smiled softly.

"It was kind of hard, but I wasn't that scared."

"Really?" Carlos asked hope clear on his features.

Jay shook his head, "I'm totally lying. I was terrified." Carlos groaned, "Just make sure Jane doesn't have a secret brother who can sing a few lines and start decaying you from the inside out." Carlos' eyes widened, "yeah we found that out the hard when he walked in on us around Christmas."

"Walked in on- oh, Oh!" Carlos looked over at Jay, jaw slacked. The older boy laughed at his brother's face before smirking and rubbing the back of his neck almost sheepishly.