Understanding

When Jazzy woke up on a ship she panicked, her eyes lit up and she struggled twisting around trying to put the missing piece together. She saw Ben tied to a post all the way on the other side of what seemed to be a ship with his head still slumped over. She couldn't see anyone else, so she really hoped that Ben and herself were the only ones that were stuck here. She gripped the ropes; her magic worked on the isle, but she had no idea what her powers really were yet so she couldn't even use them. She was powerless. "Hey, calm down," a hand gently fell on her shoulder. She looked at the hand and traveled her eyes up to his face, Gil.

"Calm down? How in the name of Agrabah do I calm down," She yelled, her eyes violently flashing. She wanted to kick him to scream at him to do anything to get him away from her. She wasn't another damsel in distress she couldn't be not ever again. Light blue tears tracked down her cheeks as she viciously pulled at the ropes. Gil grabbed her other shoulder and pushed her back against the poll. Her thrashing was going to get herself hurt.

He tried to struggle against him, eyes wide with fear, but when she looked up at him all she saw was concern and innocence. All the pieces fell into place, this wasn't his idea, and he had a very small role to play, he alerted Uma, that's it. He was following orders.

She huffed and leaned her head back against the post catching her breath and letting her body relax as much as possible. "You're the reason we're here," She didn't ask, it wasn't a question. "You told your captain."

He scratched the back of his neck sheepishly; regret welling up inside him, "Kinda," he said with a rueful sigh. "Uma would have gotten it out of me eventually. I'm not good at lying to her, and she would have realized something was off."

Jazzy thought about mentioning CJ but for the girl's safety she focused on Gil leaving the girl out of it. She let out a biting laugh, "a VK bad at lying? That's funny," She turned her head away from him looking at Ben who was starting to blink awake.

"I'm really sorry-" he cut himself off, "I never caught your name."

She turned back to him, seeing his despair. The whole situation was odd, not even Carlos apologized when he first met them. Gil didn't belong here; he was a good guy in a bad situation. "It's been all over the news," she said like she didn't like the attention but was used to it by now.

"Don't have a TV. There's one at the shop but Uma gets mad at how much it shows Mal and turns it off."

"And Mal's main coverage right now," she realized. "It's Jazzy, Princess Jazzy Rahman"

"Princess?" She nodded and he huffed, "figures," He sat on a crate placing his head in his hand with a mad face.

She didn't understand why he was so annoyed or why his position upset him. She just knew she needed to make him feel better somehow. She quickly added, "I couldn't care less about the throne. My brother can have it. We've been fighting over it for years. Leave it to my dad to get two kids who don't want royal responsibility," she said nonchalantly like it was something she always added to this particular conversation.

Gil glanced up at Jazzy and saw her staring up at the sky like she was trying to pick out shapes in the dark clouds that covered the Isle. He smiled softly at the princess with a goofy smile. He stood up and leaned next to her, angling his head up, "That one looks like the lamp."

She looked over at him letting a small smile grace her features, "there's one to the right that looks like a horse."

"You're really pretty. I like your hair and your bracelets are really nice."

Jazzy tilted her head to look at him. She felt her arms and realized her golden cuff bracelets her mom had gotten her were gone. She realized they were still on in the limo but decided they would be in and out quickly, so it was no big deal. Gil pulled them out of his vest pocket, "they wanted to take them, but I called dibs." He held them out before realizing she couldn't grab them.