Truth is out

The eight kids were extremely nervous. The group went for a meeting with the four kingdom rulers and fairy godmother. Ariel told them that Melody and Triton would be there as well, meaning this was probably the most serious matter they had ever had to tent to. Aaron's grandfather was never on land and his sister hadn't been very often since she was given the option to live with him in Atlantica last year. The eight of them met Ben outside the palace who was just as clueless. When they got to the meeting room, they hesitated hearing the heated screaming match behind the door, "You lied to us! You promised us the Prophecy had been completed when Ella got her powers. You said there was no way any other child in the four kingdoms had those powers!" Belle screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Oh, excuse me for wanting to keep the children safe," Eugene yelled back. "I know you Belle and you Adam when you get scared you lash out. Look me in the eye and tell me you would have treated them fairly had you known," no answer.

"You would have locked our children on the isle," came Eric's voice. "You were horrible enough to split up families before, you took these kingdoms by force, and you've always been scared of because we wouldn't yield. You would have destroyed our families to keep your stolen land."

There was a loud scoff from Adam, "You're overreacting."

"Tell that to Cinderella, you took Anastasia away from her family. Or Diaval who did nothing wrong! or even Emma who was corrupted by dark magic," Jasmine chimed in.

"The point still stands, the children are dangerous and cannot remain here; they will take down the barrier and overthrow the kingdoms," Fairy Godmother said.

"You will not take our children!" Rapunzel yelled.

"We will pull all of our kingdom's support if you touch our kids," Aladdin added.

There was a loud thump! thump! A trident hitting the ground, "You will NOT put my grandson or any of those children on that floating prison you created. You have played God too many times. You will not disrupt the prophecy. Those eight children are the children of prophecy of eight and they will always be. Whether that be from doing good or enacting revenge they will fulfill it. Don't give them a reason to hate you."

Ella looked back at her brother and saw his terrified face, she sneered and banged the door open, "too late!" all the royals jumped.

Aaron was the first one to speak, "You were gonna send us away if you had known?" it was phrased like a question, but his tone suggested that he knew the answer.

"Wow so much for us being family," Jazzy sneered.

Ryder didn't say anything he just hugged his elbows, He had kept his cool on the isle tied up by Uma and her crew, but this broke him. Ella pulled him in, keeping a protective arm around him. The VKs looked horrified at the prospect, "please don't send us back." Carlos panicked, "Please don't send me back."

Jasmine glared at the royal couple of Auradon, "You are horrible people." She crouched in front of Carlos and took his hands; this boy was under her protection. If they tried to take her daughter or him, she would see it as an act of war. "You're not going anywhere dear, we're not gonna send you back to that woman."

"That goes for all of you," Ariel added, looking especially at Evie who was under her protection.

Rapunzel turned her eyes on Mal, "that goes for you too sweetheart, and your father."

Ben stuck his arm out as if shielding them all, "that won't be necessary, because my parents have no say anymore."

"Son-"

"I am king, and you are not sending them away, any of them. Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos have been trying their best to be good against everything they were taught. Ella, Ryder, Jazzy and Aaron have only ever been good their entire lives there is no reason they should leave the four kingdoms not to mention doing that would..." Ben trailed off. Horror overtook him and he looked at his parents with absolute terror and disgust, "Leave Corona without an heir." He laughed humorlessly, "Leave the biggest of the four kingdoms without an heir, a power vacuum."

A moment of silence hung over the room as everyone absorbed the information. "Everything we did was for you," Adam said. "For your future."

"No, it was for you, I would have ended up on a throne anyway you had a kingdom none of this needed to happen! Guards!" He looked his parents dead in the eye, "Seize them."

"What Ben! No Release us!" Belle screamed. The guards hesitated.

"No, I am the king they answer to me you gave up that right when you gave up your crowns, you are hereby enemies of the four kingdoms, Smemorina, Belle, Adam."

"What do you wish us to do with you, your highness?"

Mal whispered in his ear he looked at her as if asking if she was sure and she nodded. He looked to the others as if having a mental conversation. They were better than his parents. "I can't believe I'm saying this but put them in a high security dungeon, 24/7 surveillance. If they get out the guard responsible will be dealt with severely."

They put shackles around Belle, Adam and Fairy godmother's wrist, the two struggling the whole time, "Ben, you need us," Fairy godmother snapped.

Ben looked around at the leaders of the other four kingdoms, their children and of course the Vk's. "No, I don't think I do. Be happy Mal didn't want you sent to the isle." As soon as they were out of the room and the footsteps faded, he collapsed into his chair. "I am a horrible son."

Rapunzel knelt next to him, "You're not. They are bad parents, you made a very grown-up choice, a very hard choice. That's part of being a ruler, making the choices no one else wants to."

"So, we take it you all know about the prophecy," Evie asked.

They nodded, "we all knew about it. We all did, we were hoping everything would be said and done by the time they realized. We had done really well hiding it. Your destiny is to change the world and bring people together," Aladdin said. "Where we all had to work individually for our happy endings, this generation's happy endings lie with you."

"We know that sounds like a lot of pressure," Melody spoke, "So we'll all be here every step of the way."

"And so will the rest of the kingdoms, my parents wanted to send you away under the pretense of being evil so we'll show the world you're good so even if they find a way back into the public eye, they will never make public favor. This way no one will be calling for your removal. There won't be any Belle and Adam loyalists on my watch," Ben declared. "No more secrets between the kingdoms. We can all be on each other side for real now."

"So, this isn't the end of the story yet," Jay asked, almost exhausted.

"Apparently not," Ella added, lacing their fingers. The same tone escapes her.

To be continued in book three of the Golden Heart series the Final Prophecy

Published: Nov 11th, 2019
Edited/ Updated: Sep 17th, 2023