A Prophesied Power

Mal took a deep breath as she came to the chip shop. Diaval let out a soft crow in her ear reminding her that she wasn't alone. She smiled at the raven on her shoulder and pushed open the saloon style doors. It took Uma a moment to notice her. "I'm back." She sing-songs.

"Loser party of one." She gestured to the only empty table, "Right this way please." She raised an eyebrow at the bird on her shoulder.

Uma kicked a chair at her which she caught swiftly and sat down backwards, "Place still stinks," Mal snarled, making the bird nip her ear. They were here to bargain, not anger the woman that had her boyfriend.

Uma scoffed, "I'm sorry we're down a butler today, Princess."

She rolled her eyes, "Where are they?"

Uma ripped off her apron, "you know I've dreamed of this." She giggled, "you wanting something from me and me watching you squirm like a worm on a hook to get it."

"I'm so flattered you dream of me; I haven't given you a thought since I left," she dead panned. Diaval shook his head, she was stubborn just like her mother, even before the Isle turned her crazy.

Uma slammed her hands on the table, "obviously," she lowered herself to be eye level with Mal and said in a low whisper. "You have your perfect little life don't you." She pushed back and yelled out to the crew, "doesn't she have the perfect little life." There were murmurs of agreement. "With the princess and princes rushing to your aid, all the armies of the four kingdoms ready to rain fire for you. Anything you want in your hands in seconds. And we're twenty years into a garbage strike."

Mal rolled her eyes; she didn't control how long the process took. That was all Ben and Ella, she wasn't part of it. "Listen if you have some kind of score to settle with me game on, I see no need to bring Ben Into this. Not to mention you have my brothers and sisters in arms and we don't like being separated." She growled like a Cerberus, she tilted her head and her eyes lit up every color of her brothers and sisters shining through her.

It unnerved the pirate captain, why would it not. That was the power of the gods. A prophesied power that everyone knew about. Growing up everyone on the isle knew about the prophecy. It was buried on Auradon but every Villain was grooming their child to be one of the lucky four. When The VK's got chosen every other kid was looked down upon. It was over, they had no purpose anymore. That's the kind of power people killed for, or the power that got you killed. Uma laughed loudly trying to cover up her fear. "It may be a little unnecessary, but ugh it is so much fun. Here's the deal."

"Just like your mother always a catch."

Uma smiled and flowed into her seat and put her arm up, "You win, Ben and all your little friends are free to go." Mal placed her hand in the same position, "Don't you wanna know what I get if I win," The raven crowed at Mal anxiously, but she ignored him.

"Still dreaming," Mal gave her a snarl.

They clasped hands, "last time I checked your mother thought she had things all sewn up too. how'd that work out for her again."

Mal paused for a moment, "On three."

"One"

"Two"

"Three" They finished together. "You know that whole princess act. Ugh never bought it for a second, you can stick a tiara on a villain but you're still a villain."

"And you can slap a pirate hat on but you're still shrimpy," Mal teased making Uma falter. Mal's eyes glowed green then flecks of blue, orange, gold, red, and green built up in them. All of them, no matter where they were, had their eyes closed and hands in a pushing motion.

As she was about to pin Uma, the pirate said, "If I win you bring me the wand." Mal's eyes flickered out and she lost concentration, a series of screams ranging from 'what?!' to 'Oh Poseidon!' rang out, allowing Uma to slam her hand down on the table and win. The crew cheered. Uma slammed her hands on the table again, "Now if you want the beastie boy and your witchy friends back, bring me fairy godmother magic wand to my ship tomorrow at twelve noon," she threw her hair back, "Sharp. Oh, and if you blab you can kiss them all goodbye." Uma blew her a kiss and walked away.

~~~

"There is no way we're gonna give Uma the wand, we can't just let her destroy Auradon," Evie said In a quick hysterical tone.

"Uma doesn't get the wand, all of the four kingdoms will go up in flames and take the isle with them." Carlos added.

"Right so we're gonna give the sea witch who had my brother and best friends, of all people the wand?" Ella groaned.

Mal waved her hand, "into a man." Diaval gave her a look, "Don't look at me like that. She would have done it anyway."

He shook his head, "I was sure I raised you with manors." He shook his head and wrapped an arm around her. The isle had worked well to change Maleficent into the power-hungry villain she was so Diaval took to raising Mal just like he did Aurora just a bit more attentive, "we'll get your friends back dear."

"Didn't you guys say you had something called a 3D printer," Quest asked from Mal's bed, "If it's what I think it is, couldn't that work."

"A phony wand," Carlos realized, "In my sleep."

Evie saw an issue, "The second Uma tests it she'll know it's fake."

"Okay then we just get everyone out really fast. We'll need some kind of diversion."

"How did you all survive without me," Quest asked out loud, making Ella snort.

Jay had the idea this time, "smoke bombs."

Mal pointed at him, "That's perfect we could get the chemicals we need at lady Turmaine's place, that could work." Evie walked over to Mal, "Oh and sick hair by the way evil stepmom seriously stepped up her game."

"You wanna know something Dizzy and Anthony did this."

"Little Dizzy, and Tony shut up."

She grinned, "I know I'm like loving it, it's like a lot lighter." Mal said Running her hair over a strand.

"I'm really proud of her."

Ella groaned and nudged Carlos nodding at them. she and Carlos were as close as her and Ryder at this point. Ella honestly had them all wrapped around her finger without even realizing it. "Hello." The white-haired boy called out.

They came back to really, "Carlos, Jay you guys meet us at pirates bay no later than Noon." Mal said. And guys, losing not an option because we're rotten."

Jay grabbed Ella's arms and smiled letting her know she was in on this, "To the core."

"Hey Quest, wanna see Auradon?" The boy bolted up from the bed. And looked at Carlos.

"What Carlos!?" Mal Panicked, "If someone sees him, we're dead."

"I don't really care. Belle and Adam are making it ridiculously hard. Quest deserves to see something else. A lot of these kids deserve something else. Even if it's just for a moment."

"Do it," Ella finally said, "If something does go wrong it'll be on my head. But I doubt it, Belle and Adam aren't at the school, you just gotta watch out for Fairy godmother." She turned to Quest, "cross the bridge, that's an order from the crown princess of Corona," she sent him a wink lifting herself off Jay.

He bounced to his feet with a grin on his face, "Who am I to deny an order from the future queen." Mal huffed but let a small smile grace her, she was worried, if someone saw Quest, they could all get in trouble. And it could ruin his chances of ever getting himself over the bridge permanently. Ella wasn't stupid though, giving Quest an official crown princess order made him protected by Coronan law even if he was found he couldn't get in trouble in Auradon due to the alliance of the four kingdoms; one cannot nullify a direct order from the other. It is why the isle was still in existence, Rapunzel and Eugene wanted to bring it down ages ago but because of that agreed term they couldn't.

Published: Nov 11, 2019 

Updated/ Edited: May 18, 2023