Not In Distress

Jazzy loved her job; she loved working with Evie, Cece and Doug. Since her and Evie were the designers, they all agree on the name E and J four hearts. She loved the gossip she got from the other girls, and she loved talking to them about their dresses. That being said, as much as Chad had changed from the jerk charming he once was and was working to heal his relationship with not only Ella but everyone he still had a long way to go. He was still arrogant and insensitive at times. So, helping him make a cape for cotillion was mainly for her own amusement and so her and Evie could charge him a ridiculous amount of money for the fake fur. So that's what led to her being on her knees in front of a small platform trying to sew fur to the bottom, "What about peacock feathers? Yeah, I bet you nobody's gonna have those at Cotillion," he said smugly.

"Chad, when I look at you, all I can think of is... "Prince." Evie told him, "And fake fur... Uh-huh."

Jazzy looked up at him with a humored smile, "fake fur says it all."

"Loud and Clear" Doug said from his place at the desk. Cece nodded from her place beside him working out their schedule.

He wrung his hands together, "Ben and Jay are still going to look better than me, right?" That was one thing they had to give Chad while his change was slow, he was more than happy to share the spotlight or step away from it entirely.

Jazzy smiled softly at him, "Ben is the king and Jay is becoming a Lord of the Court no one will be looking at you. Even so there's nothing wrong with looking your best even when you're the only one interested," to emphasize her point she looked in the mirror next to him and flipped her hair over her shoulder. He smiled at her attempt to make him feel better and let out a soft laugh.

Jay stuck his head in, "Amphitheater in five!"

"Glad coach made him captain instead of me," Chad and Jay were both in the running but ultimately the job went to the former thief. "The rule book is crazy strict. I'd rather not uphold that." He looked at himself in the mirror, "but I can't lie, I do like the sound of prince Chad. Haven't been called that since my parent agreed to merge with Auradon." Ah yes, who could forget Belle and Adams' attempts to get Corona, Agrabah and Tirulia to join their kingdom. They slowly merged all the neighboring kingdoms into their own, knocking the old rulers off their thrones Cinderella and Prince Charming's being the last to join when Chad was three. It wasn't as seamless and peaceful as they would have anyone else think and it didn't happen all at once. Tremaine and her daughters were the last villains to be locked up despite Cinderella's protest that Anastasia had changed, and she had a family of her own now, Chad had still yet to see his aunt again. "You know who else would like that?"

"Who?" Evie asked fixing the collar.

"Audrey," Chad said, his voice straining.

"She would," Evie told him sympathetically. Audrey had admitted that she had used him for popularity and trying to win Ben back even five months after the coronation leaving Chad heartbroken as she ran off to hide in the woods with her fairy godmothers.

Jay was still leaning in the door, "Chad, we need to go," He stepped down and Evie had to pull the cape off his back, He walked over to Jay picking up his duffle bag and sniffling a bit "Come on," Jay grabbed his back and pushed him along to fencing.

Jazzy got up from the floor. "Someone's obviously having some trouble dealing with his break-up with Audrey," she said, "Kinda feel bad for him."

"The way she did it publicly was heart wrenching," Evie agreed.

Doug spun around in the chair back to his laptop, "girls." They both looked over at the two at the desk, Doug nodded his head towards his computer, "We've been doing the numbers."