000 | backstory

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

Delores Benz sat in her kitchen listening to her grieving mother's sobs, Delores grandmother had coronary heart disease and had passed away in her bedroom soundlessly, her body still layed there.

Dolores didn't know what to do in this situation, her mother was sobbing while trying to get the morgue to pick up, but nobody seemed to be answering.

her father was yelling down the phone leaving multiple voicemails to her older sister, Cassidy, who was yet not aware of their grandmother's passing.

Josie her younger sister who was only six had ventured off into their grandmother's room where her body lay, Delores presumed she just wanted to say her goodbyes.

sirens blaired outside of the small home, nobody really paying attention to it due to their grandmother's passing.

Delores watched as Josie came out of their grandmother's room with an empty cup, walking towards the sink and filling it up with water.

"you thirsty? I can pour you some juice if you want jo." delores offered the young girl.

"no thanks, I'm just filling up grandma's cup." Josie smiled

Delores looked at Josie incongruously as her mother smiled sadly, their father was too busy on the phone to notice what the youngest girl had just said.

"Jo baby, you don't have to fill her cup anymore she's - sleeping." Her mother tried to find the right words to say to the young girl.

"No mama, she's awake." Josie looked at her mother like it was normal.

Delores looked at her mother in confusion, her mother just stood up out of her chair and sped to the bedroom, Josie followed behind her.

Delores didn't know what to do, she looked at her father expectantly.

her father aggressively slammed the phone on the table before looking at Delores sadly, "where's you're mother?"

"her and Jo went into see grams, she woke up." Delores shrugged

her father looked almost startled, he walked around the table motioning for Delores to follow towards the bedroom.

Delores happily complied and followed her father to see her grandmother.

but before they could make it into the bedroom they heard a loud bang, followed by Josie's screams.