007 | talk to me

╔═*

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

DELORES SAT WITH HER BACK TO THE DOOR , with Beth on the other side.

Beth had been in a separate isolation room along with judith—just to be extra cautious of the infant.

Delores had been sitting back to back with Beth, a door between them, for about an hour.

"are you scared?" Beth's quiet voice muffled through the door.

delores thought on the question for a few seconds, "I'm always scared."

it was the truth, no matter what, delores was terrified—which is probably why she keeps to herself, if people get too close they could figure that out.

Delores trusted Beth though, she was always kind and understanding towards Delores.

"you don't seem scared." the greene girl replied, truthfully.

Delores simply didn't reply, she didn't know how, instead she just anxiously picks at her cuticles.

Beth takes the silence as an invitation to speak more.

"it hurts my heart." Beth said in an almost wet voice, like she was on the verge of crying.

"what does?" delores frowns in confusion, looking at the door that separated the two as if that would help her confusion.

"you."

delores held her breath at Beth's admission.

"you're just a kid, d." beth sighed out.

shut up, shut up, shut up, please.

delores chanted in her head, her throat burning with unreleased tears, she swallowed harshly.

delores could feel her hands start to sweat as she squeezed her hands together in an attempt to calm down, which didn't work.

"delores?" Beth's sweet voice called out from the other side of the door, wondering why Delores had gone silent.

that's when an unplanned sob escaped Delores throat, tears welling up in her waterline, stop crying.

"I miss my family." Delores spluttered out in a low voice, her breathing shaking.

suck it up, they are dead, stop crying.