011 | tag, you're it.

(warning, this chapter contains detailed SA and sexual violence—please read at your own risk! )

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

THE FOUR OF THEM FOLLOWED THE TRACKS FOR A FEW HOURS, Rick telling them that they should stop and set up a trap in hopes for some food, and light a fire.

they had saw a sign on the road, a map to some places called terminus—it promised sanctuary, and delores couldn't help but feel relieved.

though also, suspicious on the whole thing, who the hell puts up signs that lead strangers to your home, they were either stupid—or the whole terminus thing was a load of shit.

Delores was kneeling next to Carl as Rick pokes at the fire, Michonne sitting across from them.

Delores felt her eyes getting heavy, exhausted from the lack of sleep she has had recently, Carl glancing at her every now and then when he would notice her closing her eyes—worrying for the girl.

"how hungry are you, scale of one to ten?" Rick smiles slightly as he looks at the two teens, trying his hand at humouring them.

"ten." delores uttered, "fifteen." carl scoffed humourlessly, looking down at the small fire his father lit.

"twenty eight." michonne pipes in, making Rick chuckle with a nod of agreement.

"yeah, well it's been a while so I'm gonna go check the snares." Rick smiles and standing up from his crouching position, preparing to check the traps they had set up awhile ago.

"can I go with you?" carl looks up at his father hopefully, awaiting his response.

"well, how else are you gonna learn?" Rick asks his son rhetorically, as if he didn't even have to ask if he could come.

Carl smiles excitedly, standing up—making Delores glance up at the father and son, envying the bond they have.

"hey, you both too." Rick nodded at Delores and Michonne, as Carl kicked leaves and dirt into the fire to put it out.

Delores stands up and tosses her beat up school bag over her shoulder, which held mostly things that she had scavenged—walking alongside Carl as Rick and Michonne were a few steps ahead of them.

as they strutted through the leaves, following Rick to wherever the hell he set up the snare—they had to duck under a particular branch that was in their way.

Carl ducked under the branch and then lifted it up, holding it for Delores so she could get through easier—she smiles at him gratefully, which he immediately returned.