006 | isolate the young

╔═*

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐘
put her things into a bag, anything she may need when in isolation, yes isolation.

Alexander told her that all the young kids had to isolate together since they were the most vulnerable, unfortunately, that includes Delores.

Most of the kids in the prison were younger than her, well—except Carl, who she was severely confused by.

He would always look at her but never actually said anything in awhile, She was beginning to think he didn't want to know her at all.

which bothered her, especially more so now that Patrick was gone—she spent most of her hours alone, occasionally talking to alexander or Beth but that wasn't the same.

She wanted a friend.

Delores finally packed her bag full of stuff before walking out of her cell with a slight scowl on her features, Alexander was standing slightly away from her cell as she waited for her to get packed.

He looks up and notices Delores walking towards him with a sour look which makes Alexander sigh gently.

"It's to keep you safe, it'll keep us all safe." he tries to make her feel better about the situation, explaining it to her softly.

"I know, but it's still not any less shitty." she mumbled, adjusting her bag on her shoulders, the weight of it weighing her down slightly.

"You will be out in no time, I'm sure this flu will blow over quickly." Alexander insisted.

"What if you get sick?" she quipped, looking at him I'm concern.

"I'll be okay, lo." Alexander mumbled, smiling softly.

lo.

That's what her nickname used to be to her family, lo and dolly, but her father usually only called her dolly, to everyone else she was lo.

She felt her heart drop at the nickname, it caught her completely off guard.

She didn't know what to say, as she stared at the man with an unreadable expression.

Before he could comment on it though, Delores put her smaller arms around him, hugging him tightly.

Alexander didn't hesitate as he hugged her back, gently cradling her head.