010 | lovely comfort

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

THE DOOR HAS OPENED, Carl and Rick on the other side—with wide smiles at the sight of the two.

Whether Delores was to admit it or not, she was greatly relived.

Delores had sat down at the kitchen table, eating a bowl of stale cereal and water, it wasn't a combination that would be considered good—though with how hungry Delores was, she loved it.

Footsteps behind her got her attention, she glanced over her shoulder to see Carl walking towards her.

He grabs a bowl from one of the cupboards and pours his cereal in, in all honesty he didn't know what to say to delores—he figured out over time that the girl was incredibly difficult to read.

so he sits and eats his cereal next to her, giving her not so subtle glances every now and then.

"I'm glad you're okay." Carl spoke in a low tone, glancing up at the girl as his Adams Apple bobbed with an anxious gulp.

Delores lifts her gaze away from her bowl and up to him, studying his expression—then the corner of her lip quirked up in a small smile.

"I'm glad you're okay too." she told him with a small nod, looking down at her bowl again.

she feels his stare on her and she peeks at him slightly, meeting his stare and they both turn away and look down at their bowls of cereal with shy smiles.

"is this frosted flakes?" delores wondered out loud, twirling her spoon around the bowl.

"uh, yeah I think so." carl nodded, taking another bite of the cereal—chewing it quite obnoxiously.

delores hummed in acknowledgement, "I was more of a lucky charms lover." she spoke with a hint of playfulness to her tone.

Carl chuckles lightly, the corners of his eyes creasing up as he smiles, "oh really?"

she smiles and nods, "mhm, though I usually would only pick out the marshmallow and put them in my bowl," she giggles at the memory.

"my older sister cassie would get so mad when she would pour a bowl and there was no marshmallows left."

carl let out a hearty laugh, a real laugh, which delores found very contagious as now she was in a fit of giggles also.

"what's so funny?" Michonne's voice appeared behind them, they turned to look at the woman, who was now looking at the two teens with amusement.