005 | patrick

╔═*

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

the next morning Delores was awoken by beth shifting in the bed next to her, her slow breaths hitting her cheek.

Delores took in Beth's appearance as she slept, the blonde girl had dark eye bags, probably due to her restless night because of Zach's passing, her hair was slightly frazzled from the tossing and her cheeks was smudged against the pillow.

Delores sighed sadly at the sight of the older girl, beth had expressed to Delores about how excited she was when she was with Zach, her usual happy aura had dulled since the devastating news last night.

Delores gently shifted her body up on the bed, slowly pulling her covers off her body in hopes of not waking the blonde girl.

Delores managed to crawl over Beth's legs, careful not to accidentally press on one as she made it to the edge of the bed.

she rubbed the tiredness away from her eyes as she started picking out something to wear, she settled on a pair of simple black shorts and a long sleeved purple shirt, which was slightly baggy.

she wore slightly long white socks that went up to her calves and slipped on her trainers, she tucked her knife in her shorts and decided it was good enough.

she quickly brushed through her raven hair before making her way out of the cell.

she pulled the flimsy curtain out of the way and walked out, she was greeted by Rick holding Judith, he seemed to be the only person awake yet.

Delores walked up to the man, smiling.

"you're up early." Rick stated with a teasing tone, rocking Judith in his arms.

"yeah surprisingly." Delores laughed, glancing at a content Judith.

"can you feed her while I go wake up carl? usually beth feeds her but I don't want to go wake her up." Rick kindly requested, the man was aware of the events surrounding Zach's death, he wanted to let the girl take a rest.

"uh, sure." Delores nodded reluctantly, she hadn't held a baby since her little sister was born.

the whole thought of her sister made her stomach turn, her deceased family is a topic she usually pushed to the back of her mind, whenever she dwelled to much on it she became miserable.

Delores reached her arms out to accept Judith's embrace, the baby happily leaned into her touch as Delores held her tightly.

Rick smiled at the interaction, the way Delores already seemed to know how to hold a baby made Rick curious, but he never mentioned it.