009 | ashes to ashes

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

"dad!" a young delores giggled as her father carried her down the stairs.

"oh, morning sleepyhead." her mother smiles once she notices her husband carrying her daughter into the kitchen.

he sets delores down on a kitchen chair, ruffling her hair, "y'know the rules, you gotta be up early or you're eating cold bacon for breakfast."

delores rolls her eyes at her father, glancing at her mother who was frying bacon on a pan, the hot oil sizzling.

"don't listen to him dolly." her mother shook her head with a laugh, flipping a slightly burnt piece of bacon.

Delores looks down at her empty plate that sits in front of her, it was a pink plastic one—which matched her sisters.

Josie had a green one and Cassie had a red one.

that made delores perk up slightly in thought, where was her sisters?

usually their plates would be sitting at the table also, she glanced around, she then noticed that there was only one chair—and she was sitting on it.

"Where's Jo and cass?" Delores looks up at her parents, her mother freezes at the question and her father just stares at her emotionless.

"don't talk when your mouth is full." her mother scolded, from her spot next to the stove.

delores frowns in confusion, her mother was still frying the bacon? she wasn't eating anything yet.

she glances down at her plate and immediately screams.

her plate had a slab of bloody skin on it, and in the blood that was pooled on the plate was a few words.

WAKE UP.

she gets up out of her chair immediately, her throat closing in a panic, struggling to breathe.

then when she looks up at her parents once more, they are staring right at her, except her mother had a chunk bitten out of her face and her father had a bullet through his head.

that's exactly how they died.

just as she was starting to realize this was a dream, her father's loud voice boomed in her ears.