002 | strangers

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Delores Benz woke up the next morning feeling genuinely awake for the first time in  awhile, beth was right, the beds are kinda comfy.

Delores sat up and ran a hand over her face, looking down from her top bunk to see beth at her desk, writing in her journal.

beth turned around when she heard the bed creak as Delores sat up, smiling at the young girl.

"I thought you'd never wake up." beth laughed, turning back to her journal.

Delores smiled as she jumped down from her top bunk, her pajama pants touching the floor as they were slightly big on her.

"where's Alexander?" Delores couldn't help but ask, she hadn't seen him since last night.

"I think he is at breakfast with Daryl." beth spoke, as she closed her journal giving her full attention to Delores.

"breakfast?" Delores furrowed her eyebrows, this place was getting too good to be true.

"yeah, well it's basically just eggs and deer, thanks to Daryl." beth chuckled.

Delores knew Daryl as the grumpy man with the crossbow, beth said something about him being a hunter last night.

"can we go?" Delores fiddled with her long sleeves as she spoke.

"sure, pick an outfit out of my dresser." beth nodded, Delores felt stupid as she realized she was about to go out to breakfast in her pajamas.

Delores basically just picked the first things she saw, a pair of denim jeans and a yellow floral shirt, Delores just slipped on her normal trainers afterwards.

"oh! can I braid you're hair." beth spoke excitedly, as she picked up a hairbrush from her desk.

"uh, yeah." Delores nodded, her hair needed to be styled in some way, due to her long night of sleep her hair was sort of frazzled.

beth had patted the floor in front of her, making Delores sit down as she braided her hair, it was a loose braid that had hair pulled out at the fronts, and the braid lay on her shoulder messily.

"sorry, haven't really done this in awhile." beth sheepishly smiled.

Delores looked in the small dirty mirror that beth had in her room, checking her hair.