003 | comforting the stars

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Over the next few days Delores Benz had an awful feeling, the type you would get when you're on the top of the rollercoaster, about to fall.

Being in a safe place meant that her worrys were eased and the stress of surviving another day dissolved, leaving Delores to her other thoughts, her grief.

She had barely gone out of her cell, mostly just to get food which she often brought back to her cell to eat.

it's not that she didn't like the people here, they were great, but that's mostly why she avoided them. they were great.

Delores thought that if they had noticed the dull look on her face they would bring it up, or even mention it to eachother, so she hid away from everyone else.

Alexander has tried talking to her but only got lazy responses, he had grown to be worried about the girl, the girl he knew who would always crack jokes and put a smile on his face.

Not that Delores noticed, but Carl had been looking around for her, not necessarily prying into her business but more curious as to where she had been.

he knew she had been bunking with beth, so at breakfast one morning he asked about Delores to which beth shrugged and continued her conversation with Zach.

Carl's only friend was Patrick, who had appeared about a week before Delores got brought in, Carl didn't know why he was so curious about the girl, so he simply pretended he wasn't, he did not want Patrick to tease him about it.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Delores sat on her top bunk, her back against the wall as she read one of Beth's books.

her and beth had grown close, but the blonde girl had trouble telling when something was wrong.

beth basically skipped into the cell, a bright smile on her face as she looked up to a blank Delores.

"Zach." was all beth said, awaiting Delores reaction.

"what about him?" Delores muttered, not looking up from the book.

"he kissed me." beth loudly whispered as if someone would hear.

"cool." Delores nodded, not really having an interest in the conversation.