Interview with SheHopes

When or how did you find Wattpad?

I had been living in Korea and when I returned home to America, my sleep patterns were totally off. I couldn't sleep at all so I just looked for an app that had free books to read and presto...I discovered Wattpad. I joined Wattpad last May. :)

What inspired you to write if you were only looking for a site to read?

I wanted to make a cover. Lol. I started writing a story to go with that cover. I now have a different cover for Bones of the Demon King but that was the only reason I started writing. I didn't think anyone would read it, but somehow I ended up with a group of readers that encouraged me to keep updating. It was such a fun experience that I'm still writing a year later. ☺

Have you written any stories before BOTDK sequel? Another words, a story that you've written but not on Wattpad.

As for writing before Wattpad...nope. Everything I've written is after BOTDK.

What do you think is the best features on Wattpad and what is the worst?

Best features: That you can find so many diverse authors on here. You have big timers like Sandra Brown and RL Stine but some of my favorite stories have been by less popular authors as well. Fun Fact: I just about freaked when one of my stories was right behind Sandra Brown's Mirror Image on the hot list. I remember reading that book years ago when I thought my mom didn't know I had "borrowed it" and I loved it. It's pretty explicit (she typically writes romance novels) but the mystery/thrills are spot on.

Worst: I wish the app allowed writers to have the ability to add hyperlinks to the story if you want to share your blog or something. Currently, you can add an external link on the desktop version of the site but most people don't use the desktop version to read. I have yet to see it on the app. :(

Of all books that you have written, which one is your favourite?

My favorite story that I've written is The Reaper's Assistant but I think it's going to be replaced with my new story Uninvited. I actually cried when I wrote it but it needs to be edited.

What's your favourite book on Wattpad, and who's your favourite author in general?

Favorite book on Wattpad? It's the same as my favorite book off of Wattpad: Pride and Prejudice.

Favorite author? I have more than one but they're not on WP. JK Rowling, Michelle Serros, Robin McKinley, and Jane Austen (she's on WP).

What songs do you listen to? Do you also listen to them while you write?

I listen to EVERYTHING! My family has made fun of me because sometimes I'll have Spanish music, K-pop, even Indian music on in my car. Lately I've been listening to Regina Spektor, Kae Sun, and Awolnation but you can always find Maroon 5, Bruno Mars, and Green Day in one of my playlists. ❤ I sometimes listen to my Spotify app when I write.

How do you overcome writer's block?

What helps me the most is just bouncing ideas off of readers in a PM. It actually happened yesterday with Dream Catcher. One of my readers was sweet enough to throw a bunch of ideas at me because I wasn't sure where to go next with the story. :)

If you didn't discover Wattpad, what do you think you'll be doing in your spare time?

If I didn't discover Wattpad, I'd probably be at the book store. Seriously, I'm a total nerd and to me they have everything you could possibly need for a relaxing afternoon. Books, coffee, and pastries. If not there, you'd probably find me at Ulta or Sephora. :)

If you could travel anywhere, even a place in a book (or movie), where will you go?

In real life, I'd like to visit the Taj Mahal or see some Mayan Temples. If I could go anywhere in a movie, I'd join the Barden Bellas in Pitch Perfect 1. :P

If you could meet any actor/actress, who will it be?

Hmmm...I think I'd like to meet Ethan Peck because he's a total hottie. I'd say Adam Levine but he's married now. :P I'd also like to meet Oprah. I feel like she has a wealth of knowledge she could share with anyone that's lucky enough to pick her brain. Plus she's rich so maybe she'd take me somewhere fancy to eat. Haha j/k...sorta.

Have you ever traveled? If so, what's the best places you've visited?

I've been all over the continental US, visited Mexico, and lived in Korea. My favorite place of all was visiting the waterfalls in Portland, Oregon. Words cannot describe how beautiful it was. New York and DC were also fun for the typical touristy things.

What will you do if a famous director decided to make a movie out of your book?

That would be a dream come true! I'd probably totally freak out if that happened.

If you could only choose one book (or series) to be a movie, which book/series will it be?

Dream Catcher would make a fun series. It was supposed to be my next "trilogy." Plus, Jax and Dani have chemistry (in my mind). So I would love to see that as a TV series. ;)

Would you like to say anything to your supporters and friends on Wattpad? Any special shout outs to anyone?

Thank you! From the bottom of my heart, thank you! It makes me happy beyond words that I'm able to entertain some of you with my work. I ❤ you all! :)

Too many people to count but a special shout out to all my repeat readers that stick with me, message me, and share my stories. They make me keep writing on Wattpad. ❤❤❤❤