Interview with StarCrafter

How did you discovered Wattpad?

My friend had me make an account during school at the computer lab. XD And my friends name is @MavisSilvermoon :D

What inspired you to write?

My friend Mavis had this super cool eight book series long here on, Wattpad and that encourages me to continue writing. Before that, I used writing to escape from the harshness of school. :P

How did writing help you escape?

Well when I was younger I used to be a fan of The Super Mario Brothers, still am today. I used their characters and wrote little stories about them. I slaved my self over some of my scrips in a good way. This allowed me to escape into my imagination and turn the teacher out.

Of all the stories you wrote, which one is your favourite?

The Star Child. :) It introduces my main oc Star and all that jazz....

Do you listen to music while you write?

No not really.

How did you make your OC Star?

This is where it's gonna get personal.

Remember when I said I used writing as a place to escape? Well, it only got worse. I was obsessed with writing when I was younger, still am today. In fact, I became so obsessed, people started noticing it and wanted to view my stories. Of course, I trusted them. All they did was take my stories and throw them around the room. They laughed at what I wrote. They actually took the pages and started tearing them up. One time I actually tried to take one of my note books outside to write, but one kid took it away from me while the others held me back from ever reaching it. They turned it into the teacher, and even she laughed and agreed with them.

Because of this I stopped writing. I became shy, afraid of letting anything out, fearing that people would hurt me like that again.

Then I met Mavis who got me intro writing again. She encouraged me to create an original character and it took a long time before I did, and well I did. Star wasn't my first oc, however, my first oc was a boy named Leroy and when his first book came out it got pretty bashed on. Of course, this made me stop writing again. I was afraid of creating original creations and swore never to make another oc again.

So then, finally, a Wattpader known as @OliviaLovesSnow was holding a contest. of course there was an art section, and the other section was to write a story about her. This took a lot of gut but I finally decided to join. The first story I wrote, "The Star Child" was actually called "Stars and Snow." Originally It was going to be about Olivia's character on a journey. I relized that, she already had a lot of people doing that, but seeing that my orignallity had been smashed on a billion times in the past I started writing that anyway.

I actually don't know what happened. XD I started writing the story and out of no where I pulled Star out of the gutter. I actually had her idea as a character for the longest time. As I starting writing her story, Star started to evolve. I wanted to be finished with only just the first book, but I started to realize her potential as a character. It wasn't until the end of the series that I started to claim her as my own oc. Also, along the help with some of the readers her liked the story a lot.

What evolved from one story turned into three. What evolved from just a character to something I got attached to, and got my confidence back and couldn't stop writing about her. Part of it I was also jealous of Mavis' popularity at the time X)