4: I didn't know I was getting married!!!

Ginger Boi exploring under some shelves.  😂

  😂

Story time!  (But when is it not?)

I went to a thrift store with my parents and came across this lovely, immaculate set of plates, mugs, and such.  So we decided to buy them, as we so often do.  (Mom has an unfortunate habit of occasionally breaking porcelain.  And dad, too, sometimes.)  😩

The pattern was beautiful, in delightful shades of blue and green on a white background.  (No wonder we all liked them.  Turns out, they were European, so we felt right at home.) 

 So we're happily going to one of the clerks to ask for a box to carry them in.

She looks at me and goes: They're for your family?

Me: *Grinning*  Yes!

Her: *Long look*  You're getting married?

Brain: What?!!  NO!!!

Me: ........................

Me: Well, that would be the first time that I've heard of it.

Dad: *Snickering*  Heehee!

Me: DON'T YOU START!!!

Me: I MEANT MY PARENTS, BROTHER, AND I.  IS THAT A CRIME?!!  *Le H I S S*

Other clerk: *Nicely*  That's wonderful.  *Smiles*

Me: THANK you.  I like you better.

Other clerk: *Now bossing around her co-worker because I like her better*

And the astonished look that we got when we promised to bring the box/basket back, and we actually did it later in the week.

So that makes me wonder: Are we so dishonest as a modern society that if we promise to bring back a simple carrying instrument, and actually do so, then we stun people beyond belief?

Is this what we are becoming?

No wonder I want no part of it.

#I'drathersticktobeingarecluse

Mom: *To dad*  You make me sick.

Us, her children: 0-O

Mom: *Quickly*  I MEAN YOU'RE JUST SO WEIRD, BUT I LOVE YOU!!!

Us, her children: *Both nod*  Yep, he is that.