Chapter 1 - Family Reunion!

CHAPTER 1

*DING DONG - DING DONG*

“Mom! Can you get that I’m kinda busy!” I said from my lounge chair. My mom popped out from the kitchen and glanced at me then at the door.

“No you’re not! For good sake’s Ela you’re right next to the door!” She shouted with the knife in her hand, practically pointing it at me. I looked at the door then back at my mother. I pulled my head phones down and pressed my lips together

“Your point is…?” I asked. All right, I seem very lazy now, but the thing is… I sort of am now. “Mikaela...” She gave me one of those looks. I made an over exaggerated sigh.

“O…K…” mom gave me another look. “Honesty…one of these days they will be no one to do these things for you.” And with that she left. I rolled my eyes and opened the door. I looked at the three people there. Instantly, my eyes widened “Oh My God Mika! It’s-” I slammed the door in their faces and ran up stairs.

“Mikaela?” My mother yelled after me. “Mika! Who was that!?” I turned around at the top of the stairs. “Oh…uh…no one…just those pesky sales men.” I lied. She didn’t believe me and went to the door.

“No! NO! Don’t open it! PLEASE!” she ignored my pleading and opened it anyway. I closed my eyes I didn’t want them to see me. I hid behind the railing. I heard my mother talk to those people.

“Mika, It’s your dear Aunt Claire, Uncle George and Cousin Kenny…” She gave me a disapproving look, probably already knowing I had slammed the door on them.

I sighed and walked down the stairs. “Hi Uncle George, hi Auntie Claire…” I said with a dull voice. Aunt Claire immediately grabbed my cheeks HARD! Making them turn red.

“Aren’t you a cutie! Look how much you’ve grown! You’re so adorable! I bet all the boys at school drop when you come around!” My tanned cheeks brighten in a beet color.

“You’d lose that bet, mom...” Kendal said under his breath and I punched him on the arm. Aunt Claire let me go. “I see you haven’t changed at all same stuck up little boy!” I said at him.

“Stuck up? Little? …I’m older than you!” He threw back “At least I’m not a bug eater!” I said to him.

“Well you have rat teeth!”

“You’re stupid!”

“Retard!”

“Idiot!”

“That’s Enough! Both of you!” My mother shouted. “He started it!” I shot back earning another one of her looks. Gosh, she’s just full of them today, ain’t she?

“Now Mikaela, go show you’re cousin around!” I looked at her through my long dark brown bangs. “What? I don’t see why I have to do this, I have to see his face around every time I go to school, mom…” I glared at ken.