Chapter 28 - Let The Adventures Begin

I watched the sky as the sun descend from its place, changing the bright blue yonder into an orangey colour. With a sigh I removed my eyes from the skies and to the villagers who seemed to have nothing better to do than watch four kids and four large guards walk down the street. Ya know back in Minnesota they have a name for this! It’s called stalking.

Their annoying gasps and out bursts got on my nerves quickly. They’re all ‘Oh look! It’s the princess of blah, oh look it’s the prince of blah, and blah, blah. And blah royalty, blah nobles.’ Gosh, get a darn life, you tarts! Was this how Miley Cyrus felt?

I glared at them all as we passed by.

I let out a long exaggerated sigh as I glanced at the guards around us. They all seemed to be expressionless as we walked, they looked mean, and tough. But in true reality most of them weren’t, when we were ever out in public they’d have this strange personality switch. And the past weeks they’ve been here I’ve come to know that Naomi was a bossy, independent women and whenever I asked for something like desert before dinner she was the only one who could say no to me. And mean it. Unlike my own guard Kyo. Kyo was a push over, and I could pretty much bend him into letting me do most of the things I want, part of the reason why I’m glad that he is my guard and not Naomi.  Aoi was…well, he was strange…I haven’t figured him out quite yet. Let’s just say that Aoi is….Aoi. Now, Haru was the least responsible of them all he was always forgetting things, happy making jokes and loud at times and it made me wonder why the Hokage would put someone like him to take care of us if we were so important, but whenever they went out they were completely on serious mode. It was weird but cool at the same time.

 Kai, Ken, Ren, and I were currently being surrounded by these guards they walked closely to us so we basically had to walk shoulder to shoulder. I know this is a safety precaution but seriously! I need my personal space. And everybody here is all in my personal bubble. The side walk is big enough for us all to walk without being bunched together ya know…

And given the fact that Kai had took the liberty of holding my hand, saying that I might try to sneak out from the group. I asked him, how the hell was I supposed to squeeze through four trained ninjas without expecting to get caught, I mean… come on, I’m way more realistic than that… 

But still he kept hold of my hand…which, I didn’t quite mind because unlike some people, Kai’s hands didn’t go sweaty after a minute or two of holding them, they weren’t dry either, they were soft but not podgy like mine. His fingers were long and slender as he wrapped them between my own. That was the way he insisted on holding my hand. I glanced at Ren who had her leaf ninja head band around her head, almost like the way Sakura had hers in series. I had told her not to wear it like that because it made her look like that pink haired prick, but she told me she didn’t care and liked it better that way. It glistened in the sun as she walked. I looked down at my band. I placed it around my arm, just how Shikamaru had done when he put his on. It wasn’t like I was looking trying to rip him off, but I tried putting it on my forehead, but with these stupid headphones that I could not take off for some reason, it looked ridiculous… Both Ken and Kai had their Ninja Leaf Band over their forehead, like the proper way to put it.

 My eyes lit up as we passed a familiar looking restaurant. The one Naruto goes to throughout the series.

 Biting my lip I looked up at my guard then at the others. “I’m hungry…” I stated. Naomi glanced at me. “So? We have food back at the house, it’s just fifteen minutes away…” She stated in a monotone voice, not even bothering to look down at me. I scowled.