02

"So what is she like? The sister?" Liv asks. Aria hits the white ball into a stripped ball and it misses the whole. "Damn it." She whispered to herself. "Sam? Sam is so cool." Chad responded to the question with a smile on his face. "hey, you only say that because she let you wear Pokemon onesies to bed for a year." Mindy said sarcastically causing Aria to chuckle a bit. "True. That's a true statement." Chad adds on. everyone started to laugh. 

               "No, trust me. Sam is not cool. Her dad left her mom, right? Walks right out when Tara's eight, Sam's 13." Amber pauses for a second. Everyone's smile dropped as they listen to Amber speak about the carpenter sister's family. "Sam started acting out, getting in trouble with the cops. And then, on Sam's 18th birthday, she leaves. Ghosts them all. Maybe Sam's changed? I just don't want to see Tara hurt again." Amber finishes off her little rant. 

               Aria knew Amber wasn't completely wrong about Sam. Maybe Sam has changed. Maybe after everything that's happened, Sam will decide to stay and keep Tara safe. "So what, you're protecting Tara from her own sister, now?" Wes questioned the girl. Amber looked over at the blonde boy, "Well someone has to." She responded. "Okay, so no guys are good enough for her, and now her family's off-limits too?" Wes questioned the girl again a bit frustrated with Amber. Aria loved Amber, but Wes was right. "I'm sorry Amber, but Wes is right. You can't keep her own family away from her." Aria spoke up. Amber rolls her eyes. "Mmm, motive. If I can't have her no one can." Mindy added into the conversation.

               Wes and Aria looked over at Mindy in confusion. But then it hit Aria on what she meant by that. Mindy was talking about Wes' crush on Tara. "What?" Wes questioned. Aria stepped back wanting out of the conversation. She just wanted to play pool. "But we're all suspects." Mindy ended the other conversation and started a new. Aria looked at Mindy then at everyone else. "None of us really have anything to prove our alibis. Each and everyone one of are names is on the list whether anyone denies it or not." Aria added on to what Mindy said. Mindy nodded at her words. Chad grabs his drink and lifts it in the air with a "mmm?" sound. "Except maybe Liv." Mindy spoke up looking at her twin brother. 

               Liv nodded with a smile on her face. She tilts her head, "Thank you." Liv told Mindy. Aria chuckled and leaned her arm on Mindy's shoulder. "You're way too boring to be a psycho." Aria added on to what Mindy said. Mindy nodded her head in agreement. "Yo Liv. You want a real drink? Or are you happy sitting at this kids' table?" A guy walked up to the group. Aria rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. 

               Chad turned to completely face the guy. "Listen up, uglier Michael Myers. It was a summer fling. It meant nothing." Chad spoke as he got in his face. Aria face palmed. He was gonna cause himself a problem. "Was I talking to you?" The guy questioned him sarcastically. The two keep going at each other. 

               The guy pulls out a pocket knife on Chad. The bartender saw this happen, "Hey! Get out of here or I'm calling the cops!" She shouts out. Everyone ended up getting kicked out. Aria followed next to Amber who had her arms crossed. 

               Aria had a crush on Amber, and she's had one on her for a while. She didn't want to say anything to her about it because she didn't want Amber to tell her she didn't like her because she wasn't in to girls. It's one of Aria's biggest fears. She did want to tell Amber soon because she needed to find out how she felt. Amber always gave mixed signals. Aria could never tell if Amber actually liked her, or if she was flirting with her because that's what friends do.