forty eight.

deadly games❝the way back❞

deadly games
the way back

  THE MOMENT CHISHIYA'S EYES MET YOUR FIGURE, his heart started beating faster. He thought of it as a strange feeling, because his medicine studies never included anything like this. Excessive heartbeating just because he saw someone. It could happen because of fear, but he wasn't afraid of you. It was something else that he had yet to discover.
  While he was walking away from the game area thinking about his hidden feelings, you felt sparks. The entire time he was inside of the game it felt suffocating for you, as if there was a stone on your chest.
Even though he never said it, you knew that he wanted this to be his last game. And the parts of the blimp burning were proof that he could do whatever he put his mind into. When he got closer, you welcomed him with a hug, not as tight and not as sudden as the one before he entered the game. This one was soft and shorter, because now there was someone else's presence and you were safe. All of you.
Chishiya's attention moved onto the other person that was there. It didn't take him long to see Kuina standing next to you immediately as he exited the game building.

"What are you doing here?" Chishiya finally asked Kuina.

"Nice to see you, Kuina. I'm glad to see you're alive. Thank you so much, Chishiya! Nice to see you, too!" Kuina made up a fake scenario that she would've wanted to hear.

"He doesn't look like he is in a good mood." you whispered to Kuina.

"I noticed."

"I'm glad you're doing well, Kuina." even though Chishiya heard your unsubtle whispers, he still said it genuinely taking Kuina off guard.

"Oh, thanks." she didn't expect him to actually be civil. "How was the second stage for you?" she tried to continue the conversation.

  "Interesting." Chishiya answered side glancing at you, which you noticed.

  "Would've been more interesting if you weren't an asshole at first." you rolled your eyes.

  "Maybe if you weren't so stubborn..."

  "Are you seriously the one talking? I'll just pretend I didn't hear that, because it's just too ridiculous to begin with." you tried to end the bickering.

  "You guys are exactly the same." Kuina said amused as she watched the scene play out.

The connection she witnessed from the beginning between you and Chishiya was always something that would be perceived as something special to her. She never saw someone's love progress as beautifully as yours did and everytime she watched you two bickering, she knew. She knew that it would be impossible for you to give up on each other once you embraced what you truly felt. The two of you were like a piece of puzzle that got lost somewhere until it finally found it's perfect place. In a world full of emotions — negative or positive, you found the common ground.